Salisbury High School (Pennsylvania)
|Salisbury High School|
|500 East Montgomery Street
Allentown, Pennsylvania, Lehigh County 18103-5225
|School district||Salisbury Township School District|
|Superintendent||Michael Q. Roth|
|School number||(610) 797-4107|
|Color(s)||Navy and White|
Salisbury Township was founded in 1834. In 1955, the construction for Salisbury High School was planned. Construction started in 1962 and was finished in 1963.
Salisbury High School achieved 85.8 out of 100. Reflects on grade level reading, mathematics and science achievement. In reading/literature - 84% were on grade level. In Algebra 1, 70% showed on grade level mathematics skills. In Biology, 58.7% showed on grade level science understanding. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, 2,181 public schools (less than 73 percent of Pennsylvania public schools), achieved an academic score of 70 or higher. Pennsylvania 11th grade students no longer take the PSSAs. Instead, they now take the Keystone Exams at the end of the associated course. This was the first year that school achievement was reported in this format instead of AYP.
Salisbury offers twenty-one varsity and twelve junior varsity sport programs. 
Salisbury participates in the Colonial League of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association's District XI. The Colonial League includes Lehigh Valley high schools deemed too small to participate in the Lehigh Valley Conference.
- Boys Basketball (1971, 1976, 1987, 1990, 1996, 2010)
- Baseball (1980, 1985–1987, 1996, 2003, 2011, 2013)
- Boys Soccer (1985-1987, 1992, 2003, 2010)
- Rifle Team (2006)
- Boys Swimming (2012, 2013, 2014)
Colonial League Titles
- Boys Basketball (1977, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2011)
- Baseball (1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 2009, 2012, 2013)
- Girls Basketball (1989, 1990, 1993, 2010)
Eastern Conference Championship
- Football (2006)
State championship titles
- Swimming (2013)
The school fields teams in most major sports, including boys baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys tennis, cheerleading, girls field hockey, girls softball, football, soccer, rifle, wrestling, and track & field.
Salisbury has the Colonial League titles in Basketball and Baseball. The Field hockey team has never made a district appearance. The District Swimming Team won districts in 2012.
- Michael Crowther, wildlife conservationist and founder of Indianapolis Prize
- Ian Riccaboni, sports broadcaster for Phillies Nation TV and Ring of Honor Wrestling
- Jason Yeisley, professional soccer player, Richmond Kickers
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, Ed Names and Addresses - Salisbury Township School District, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, Enrollment by LEA and School 2012-13, 2013
- Openpagov.org, Salisbury Township School District Payroll report, 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (October 4, 2013). "Salisbury High School Academic Performance Data 2013".
- saEleanor Chute and Mary Niederberger (December 11, 2013). "New assessment shows fuller picture of Pa. schools". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletics Association (2013). "PIAA School Directory".
- Salisbury High School homepage
- "Salisbury." Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. LehighCounty.Org. 4 Dec. 2007
- Schmehl, William L. F.. Salisbury Township: 1753-2003. 2nd. Emmaus: Total Imaging Inc., 2003.