|Look up salish or Salish in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Salish (//) originally referred only to the indigenous group known today as the Bitterroot Salish of Montana and their language, Salish. The term was extended by linguists to include all related languages in the Pacific Northwest region, and may refer to:
- Salish peoples, a group of First Nations/Native Americans
- Salishan languages, a group of languages
- The Salish-Spokane-Kalispel language
- Salish Sea, an inland sea consisting of Puget Sound, the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Strait of Georgia
- Salish Mountains, a mountain range in Montana
- Salishan, Tacoma, Washington, a neighborhood of Tacoma
- the Salish, a people featured in the episode "Spirits" of the television series Stargate SG-1
- Salish, a character in the episode "The Paradise Syndrome" of the television series Star Trek
- Anna Delaney, a character in the BBC drama Taboo (2017 TV series), who is referred to as a person of Salish heritage.
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Nation in Montana
- Coast Salish art
- Salian Franks
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Salish.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.