This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Israeli Ambassador to the United States|
|Preceded by||Daniel Ayalon|
|Succeeded by||Michael Oren|
|Alma mater||Hebrew University of Jerusalem|
Meridor served as the Chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel and the World Zionist Organization from 1999–2005, Treasurer of the Jewish Agency and WZO and as the Head of the Settlement Division of the WZO. Meridor also serves as the international chairman for the Jerusalem Foundation.
Meridor's older brother Dan Meridor was a minister in several Israeli governments. His two other older siblings are Haggit Hurvitz, Head of Pediatrics at the Bikur Holim Hospital, and Avital Darmon, Director of the Applied Research Initiative in Education.
Dan Meirdor's son is Shaul Meridor, the deputy director of the Allocation Branch at the Ministry of Finance. Another nephew of Sallai Meridor is Eli Hurvitz (Meridor), son of Haggit Hurvitz and the executive director of the Trump Foundation.
- List of Israeli ambassadors to the United States
- Israel-United States relations
- Jewish Agency for Israel
- Dennis Ross (October 13, 2015). Doomed to Succeed: The U.S.-Israel Relationship from Truman to Obama. New York: Macmillan. p. 231. ISBN 0374709483.
- "Organizational Chart" (PDF). The Jerusalem Foundation. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Sallai Meridor". Jewish Virtual Library.
- "Israel names Sallai Meridor as new ambassador to U.S". Haaretz.
- "Israeli Envoy To U.S. Stands Behind Olmert". New York Sun. May 3, 2007.
- "Sallai Meridor". The Jerusalem Foundation.
- Joshua Mitnick (2006-10-05). "New envoy shares Olmert views". Washington Times. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Israel's new ambassador to U.S. says Israelis still hope for peace, but rockets must stop". International Herald-Tribune. Associated Press. November 28, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-08-24. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Nathan Guttman (2006-12-08). "Personal Voyage Leads Ambassador to U.S". Forward. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- David Ignatius (December 29, 2006). "Walking a Tightrope Into 2007". Washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- David R. Sands (January 31, 2007). "Israeli envoy rejects Mideast 'linkage'". Washington Times. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Robert Siegel (February 22, 2007). "Israeli Envoy Calls for Resolve on Iran, Hamas". NPR. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Pleming, Sue (April 18, 2007). "Israel urges tough diplomacy this year on Iran". Reuters. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Israel to name forest in honor of Coretta Scott King" (PDF). CNN.com. April 26, 2007. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Israeli ambassador to US offers reassurances to Syria". Ynetnews.com. 2007-02-05. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- James Morrison (2007-04-24). "Day of anger (Embassy Row)". Washington Times. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- Press Statement: Israeli Ambassador Sallai Meridor Reacts to Tragedy at Virginia Tech; April 17, 2007