||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (March 2014)|
Sally Dominguez (born 24 October 1969) is an Australian designer.
Dominguez practised sustainable architecture for 9 years before designing the award-winning Nest high chair now held in the Permanent Collection of the Powerhouse Museum. In 2004 she invented a rainwater tank which could be used in either horizontal or vertical orientation, the modular Rainwater HOG. Sally's Rainwater HOG modular tank was named one of the USA's Top 10 Green Building Products of 2008 and was awarded a Spark Design Award also in 2008. Sally judges inventions on ABC TV's New Inventors. Other professional judging work includes the Wheels Car of the Year awards from 2005 until 2007 and the International Australian Design Award in 2008. Sally is a 2009 Spark Awards judge Lectures on design for the Board of Studies DesignTech. Currently freelance writing on design, product innovation and sustainability in design for Monument, G and Wheels magazine.
- "Made in Australia". Innovation Australia. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- "Nest high chair". Powerhouse Museum, Sydney. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Lloyd Alter (27 December 2007). "How Design Can Save Us: Waterhog and Groundhog". Treehugger. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- "Inventions - RainwaterHOG invented by Sally Dominguez". Australian Broadcasting Corporation - The New Inventors. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Preston Koerner (20 November 2008). "2008 Top-10 Green Building Products". Jetson Green. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Peter Kuchnicki (October 2008). "Spark Design and Architecture 2008 Design Award Winners". Spark Awards. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "About the show - Sally Dominguez Inventor, Designer and Product Developer". Australian Broadcasting Corporation - The New Inventors. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Samantha Stevens (1 February 2008). "Who are they to judge?". Wheels magazine. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Peter Kutchnicki (2009-07-15). "Jury". Spark Awards. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Sally Dominguez (14 May 2008). "Cruisin' San Fran". Wheels magazine. Retrieved 2008-09-17.