This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
17 August 1973 |
Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
|Known for||The Daily Edition and Sydney Weekender|
|Spouse(s)||Marcus Obermeder (2001-present)|
Sally Obermeder (born 17 August 1973) is an Australian media personality and television presenter.
From 2008-2013 Obermeder was the National Entertainment and Lifestyle Reporter for the network's former evening current affairs show Today Tonight. With over 200 celebrity interviews, her most notable include Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Hugh Jackman, Mark Wahlberg, Jonah Hill, Eva Mendes, Justin Timberlake, Salma Hayek, Will Ferrell, Elle Macpherson and Jon Bon Jovi.
In November 2012 Obermeder launched a lifestyle blog – SWIISH.com. The website focuses on living a luxe for less lifestyle. It covers a range of topics including fashion, beauty, health, home and family. In 2015, SWIISH.com also expanded into an online store selling fashion, accessories and homewares, along with products and accessories for 'Super Green Smoothies'.
Obermeder's first book Never Stop Believing was released in April 2013, through Allen & Unwin. In the bestseller, Obermeder shares her story in a memoir about her struggle to succeed in the world of commercial television and her battle with cancer.
A bestselling author, Obermeder released her e-book Super Green Smoothies in September 2014 with her sister Maha Koraiem. The book is filled with green smoothie recipes created for weight loss and health. The e-book was so successful that in April 2013, a paperback version of it was published by Allen and Unwin. The book is now in its 8th reprint and has sold over 50,000 copies, making it the bestselling smoothie book in Australia. The pair are now working on their second recipe book 'The Good Life', which will include fast and healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes.
After success with their smoothie book in 2015, Obermeder and her sister launched their first 'Super Green Smoothie 30 Day StarterChallenge'. The challenge requires participants to drink one super green smoothie everyday for 30 days, using the recipes provided. The challenge drew hundreds of participants and received extremely positive feedback, with many participants claiming they experienced increased energy and weight loss. Obermeder and Koraiem launched their second program, called the 'Summer Body Challenge', in December 2015, which includes a 4-week meal and exercise plan in addition to 30 Super Green Smoothie recipes. With advice from fitness instructor Scott Gooding and nutrition expert Fiona Tuck, the challenge is specifically designed help participants lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle.
Obermeder's career with Seven Network began when she joined the Sydney Weekender team in 2005. Out on the road for the weekly travel and lifestyle show, Obermeder covered a mix of stories. In the same year Obermeder also presented the New Zealand special of Mike Whitney's Walkabout, a national travel series which aired in 2005 and 2006.
Previous to her commencement at Seven Network Obermeder sourced, scripted, produced and presented her own segments on Channel 31's Not The Movie Show, a film and entertainment program.
Regarded as an accomplished compere, Obermeder is sought after as Master of Ceremonies for awards nights, fashion launches and corporate functions. She's worked with Westfield, Myer’s' 'Fashions on the Field', The Melbourne Cup and The Australian Tourism Association. Most recently, she MC'd for Khloe Kardashian and Kim Kardashian's Westfield appearances in Australia.
Obermeder is an ambassador for the National Breast Cancer Foundation, The Sony Foundation. and also works with the Nelune Foundation and The Breast Cancer Network of Australia. In addition, Obermeder has recently launched her own charitable initiative, 'Wish bySwiish' where with her team at SWIISH they try to bring a little joy and happiness into the lives of breast and ovarian cancer sufferers, by turning their wishes into reality.
In October 2015 Obermeder was announced as the ambassador for Avon Cosmetics. She has also featured in campaigns for Westfield, Priceline, and The ATC Spring Racing Carnival. Obermeder is also an ambassador for Volvo.
After completing a Bachelor of Commerce, Obermeder worked in finance and investment banking, before leaving to pursue a career in television in 2003.
Obermeder is also a fully qualified personal trainer and pilates instructor.
Sally married Marcus Obermeder in 2001 and the couple live in Bondi, NSW. After several years of trying to conceive the couple tried In vitro fertilisation (IVF) and conceived in January 2011. Their daughter Annabelle Grace Obermeder was born in October 2011, the day after Sally Obermdeder was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. In July 2016 Obermeder revealed that she was to have another child by a surrogate mother.
Once daughter Annabelle was born, Obermeder started eight months of chemotherapy. This experience, alongside being mother to a newborn baby, has been the most exhausting, but also most strengthening of her life. Obermeder and her colleagues and friends in the television industry staged a fundraising event at The Beresford in February 2012.
Obermeder attended the InStyle magazine 'Women of Style Awards' in May 2012. She received a standing ovation for her speech in which she discussed the meaning of style, and what she's learnt through her battle with cancer while also being a new mum. Obermeder has also written a book about her experience.
In June 2012 Obermeder underwent her first mastectomy and from July to September 2012 she received radiotherapy treatment. The second mastectomy and reconstruction surgery occurred in September 2012.
In October 2012 Obermeder underwent extensive testing and was given the all clear – exactly one year from the initial cancer diagnosis. She continues her publicity campaign for breast cancer awareness.
- http://swiish.com/ Swiish – Sally Obermeder's lifestyle blog
- http://www.allenandunwin.com/default.aspx?page=94&book=9781743312193 Never Stop Believing
- http://swiish.com.au/blog-post/super-green-smoothies/ Super Green Smoothies
- "SUPER GREEN SMOOTHIES 30 DAY STARTER CHALLENGE - DECEMBER - SWIISH Pty Ltd". SWIISH Pty Ltd. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- Reines, Ros (19 July 2015). "Sally Obermeder's smoothie challenge may look like swamp sludge but it tastes like success". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Australia's party mode continues while Sally Obermeder talks a calm approach to party month". NewsComAu. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "SUMMER BODY 30 DAY CHALLENGE - SWIISH Pty Ltd". SWIISH Pty Ltd. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- http://fionatuck.com Fiona Tuck
- http://www.bcna.org.au The Breast Cancer Network of Australia.
- http://swiish.com.au/blog-post/bio-oil-ambassador/ Bio Oil
- http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-fountain-of-youth-is-eluding-women-due-to-lifestyle/story-fni0cx12-1226868465760 dailytelegraph.com.au
- Halliwell, Elle (11 December 2011). "New mum Today Tonight reporter Sally Obermeder won't be beaten by cancer". The Sunday Telegraph. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Sally Obermeder: 'We're thrilled to bits'". news.com.au. 29 July 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- Eight months of chemotherapy dailytelegraph.com.au
- Sally's Fight Continues au.news.yahoo.com
- The getting of (style) wisdom smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/blogs
- Obermeder to write personal memoir about battle with cancer news.com.au
- Sally Obermeder reveals: I beat cancer au.lifestyle.yahoo.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sally Obermeder.|