Al-Faraj at the 2018 FIFA World Cup
|Full name||Salman Mohammed Al-Faraj|
|Date of birth||1 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Medina, Saudi Arabia|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Left back|
|2011–2012||Saudi Arabia U23||2||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:04, 20 November 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:35, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
Salman Mohammed Al-Faraj (Arabic: سلمان محمد الفرج; born on 1 August 1989) is a Saudi Arabian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Al-Hilal and the Saudi Arabia national football team.
Salman's first match with his national team was against Congo in an international friendly at Prince Abdullah bin Jalawi Stadium in Al Hasa, Saudi Arabia on 14 October 2012. The match ended in a 3–2 win. Salman's first goal with his national team was against Timor-Leste during the second round of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers at King Abdullah Sports City, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on 3 September 2015. The match ended in a 7–0 win.
In May 2018, he was named in Saudi Arabia’s preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. On 4 June, Salman included in 23-man squad for the World Cup. On 25 June, Salman scored the equalizing goal and his first ever World Cup goal from the penalty kick in a 2–1 victory over Egypt in their last group stage match of the tournament.
- Statistics accurate as of match played 20 November 2018.
- Scores and results list Saudi Arabia's goal tally first.
|1.||3 September 2015||King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia||Timor-Leste||4–0||7–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||7 October 2017||King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia||Jamaica||3–1||5–2||Friendly|
|3.||9 May 2018||Estadio Ramón de Carranza, Cádiz, Spain||Algeria||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
|4.||25 June 2018||Volgograd Arena, Volgograd, Russia||Egypt||1–1||2–1||2018 FIFA World Cup|
- Saudi Professional League: 2010, 2011, 2017, 2018
- King Cup of Champions: 2015
- Saudi Crown Prince Cup: 2012, 2013, 2016
- Saudi Super Cup: 2015, 2018
- AFC Champions League: 2014 Runners-Up, 2017 Runners-Up
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Salman Alfaraj".
- "Saudi Team". www.ksa-team.com.
- "Saudi Arabia vs Congo". ksa-team.com. Saudi Team Website. 14 October 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Saudi Arabia vs Timor-Leste". ksa-team.com. Saudi Team Website. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- "World Cup 2018: All the confirmed squads for this summer's finals in Russia". bbc.com. BBC Sport. 18 May 2018. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "World Cup 2018: Saudi Arabia name all-domestic 23-man squad". BBC Sport. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "Salem al-Dawsari snatches win for Saudi Arabia against Egypt". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- Salman Al-Faraj at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to Saudi Arabian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|