This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Salman Shah (Urdu: سلمان شاہ) was the former caretaker Finance Minister of Pakistan. He has also served as an advisor to the Finance Minister Shaukat Aziz on finance, economic affairs, statistics and revenues. He is the son-in-law of former Chief of Army Staff General Asif Nawaz Janjua. He has two sons and three daughters.
Shah, a Lahore based Economist, holds a PhD in Finance and Economics from Indiana University, Bloomington's Kelley School of Business. He has 16 years of teaching experience at institutions such as University of Michigan, Indiana University, University of Toronto, and Lahore University of Management Sciences. He is one of the most highly educated and competent members of Shaukat Aziz's team. During his time as in charge of Pakistan's finance ministry (2004–2008), Pakistan's economy registered an average of 7% GDP growth per annum, one of the highest in the world. Prior to his current appointment as Finance Minister, he has served on following positions:
- Economic consultant, to different Pakistani governments including that of Nawaz Sharif.
- Chairman of Privatization Commission during the tenure of caretaker government of Prime Minister Malik Meraj Khalid.
- Member, Board of Governors - Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).
- Member, Board of Directors - Pakistan International Airlines.
- Member, Central Board of Directors - State Bank of Pakistan (2002–2003)
- Member, of various government's task forces.
Shah was also appointed as a member of the task force on investment by Abdul Hafeez Sheikh which gave recommendations to the Board of Investment to increase investments in the country. Shah headed the regional task forces of Karachi and Lahore regions for the BOI under Hafeez Sheikh.
Dr. Salman Shah has also founded Bridge Asia Financial Services in 2009 by Dr. Salman Shah (former Finance Minister and Advisor to the Prime Minister on Finance, 2004–08) with the primary aim to establish a world class financial advisory firm in Pakistan and the South Asian region.
| Finance Minister of Pakistan
2007 – 2008