|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Salman Shahr (Persian: سلمان شهر, formerly known as Motel Qoo (Persian: متل قو) and Saqikelayeh (Persian: ساقيكِلايِه) is a city in and capital of Salman Shahr District, Abbasabad County, Mazandaran Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 9,592, in 2,605 families.
Salman Shar is the new name for this city after the Islamic revolution. In the past, the city was called Saqikelaye and was also named after its famous hotel Motel Qoo (Swan Motel). Salman Shar city is a new settlement that was established in 1961 which was incorporated as a municipality in 1962.
In the late 2000s the major development and construction projects called "Qoo" or "Diamond of the Middle East" were kicked off. The core of these project is built in the same place as where Motel Qoo was located. This vast complex of commercial, residential, tourist, sports and entertainment include a 5-star hotel, two residential and commercial towers, a sports complex and a 6-story parking garage that are built in the form of a giant ship. This project has a total land area of 43,263 square meters, where 173,000 square meters of it will be constructed as follows:
- Residential high rise of Negin Pooya: Includes twin towers of 25 floors with 300 units of very stylish and modern residential apartments.
- Commercial high rise of Negin Poorya: Composed of three floors with its own entrance separate independent and separate from that of the residential tower.
- 5 star deluxe international hotel of Swan: 35 floors containing 337 rooms and 14 ultra luxury accommodations with fully equipped and exceptional Royal Suites.
- Salman Shahr can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3075910" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
|This Abbasabad County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|