|Parent company||Mountain Bird, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Salmon, Idaho, U.S.|
Salmon Air's main hub was located at the Boise Airport (BOI). In addition to scheduled passenger and charter flights, Salmon Air also operated scenic air tour flights over Idaho's Bighorn Crags and Flying B Ranch. The airline was sold to McCall Aviation in 2009. The former owners of Salmon Air went on to found Gem Air in 2014. Salmon Air still operates out of Salmon Air and is still owned by McCall Aviation. Primarily a back country charter provider, Salmon Air provides air charter service into and around the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, as well as many other remote destination in Idaho for hikers, backpackers, rafters, hunters, etc.
Salmon Air operates passenger flights to the following destinations:
- Salmon / Lemhi County Airport (flights to Boise & McCall)
- McCall / McCall Municipal Airport (flights to Boise & Salmon)
- Boise / Boise Airport (flights to McCall & Salmon)
- Moab / Canyonlands Field (flights to Salt Lake City)
- Salt Lake City / Salt Lake City International Airport (flights to Moab & Vernal)
- Vernal / Vernal Regional Airport (flights to Salt Lake City)
Salmon Air's fleet included the following aircraft:
- Cessna 172 (3 passenger capacity)
- Cessna 206 (5 passenger capacity)
- Cessna 210 (5 passenger capacity)
- Britten-Norman Islander (9 passenger capacity)
- Piper PA-350 Chieftain (9 passenger capacity)
- Beechcraft King Air (7 passenger capacity)
- Cessna 208 (cargo)
Accidents and incidents
- On December 6, 2004, Flight 1860, a Cessna 208, was on a scheduled cargo flight for the United States Postal Service from Salt Lake City to Sun Valley when it crashed about 7 miles south of Bellevue. Both crew members were killed.
- "The Airline Codes Web Site". Retrieved 2007-01-17.
- "Airlines-Inform - Salmon Air". Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Salmon Air Services". Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Idaho's Gem Air applies for Salmon - Boise rights beginning May 1, CH Aviation, February 19, 2014, Retrieved 2015-01-21
- "Salmon Air: Schedule". Archived from the original on 2006-08-05. Retrieved 2006-10-04.
- "Salmon Air: Fleet". Archived from the original on 2006-08-05. Retrieved 2006-10-04.