He was recognized as an expert on sedges, being credited with describing numerous species within the genus Carex. Together with Jens Vahl and Joakim Frederik Schouw, Salomon Drejer was the publisher of Flora Danica fasc. 38.
Two plant genera have been named in his honour:
- Flora excursoria hafniensis, (1838).
- Laerebog i den botaniske terminologie og systemlaere, (1839).
- Elementa phyllologiae, (1840).
- Revisio critica Caricum borealium in terris sub imperio Danico jacentibus inventarum, (1841).
- Symbolae Caricologicae ad synonymiam Caricum extricandum stabiliendamque et affinitates naturales eruendas, (1844).
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden, Volume 4
- CRC World Dictionary of Plant Names: Common Names, Scientific ..., Volume 2 by Umberto Quattrocchi
- IPNI. Drejer.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Salomon Drejer|
|This article about a Danish botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|