|Type||Subsidiary of Amer Sports|
|Franco Fogliato (CEO)|
|Revenue||€900 million (2020)|
Number of employees
(Subsidiary of China Anta Sports)
Salomon Group is a French sports equipment manufacturing company based in Annecy, France. It was founded in 1947 by François Salomon in the heart of the French Alps and is a major brand in outdoor sports equipment. Salomon constitutes a part of Amer Sports, owned since 2019 by the Chinese group ANTA Sports with sister brands Wilson, Atomic, Sports Tracker, Suunto, Precor, Arc'teryx.
Salomon was founded in 1947 in the city of Annecy in the heart of the French Alps. Francois Salomon launched the company by producing ski edges in a small workshop, with only his wife and son, Georges, to help. Georges Salomon is credited with taking the company and evolving it toward the global outdoor sports brand it is today.
Today, Salomon produces products for various sports markets, including trail running, hiking, climbing, adventure racing, skiing, and snowboarding in over 40 countries on five continents. They used to manufacture inline skates, transferring technologies from their ski boot range, but have not released any in recent years.
Salomon's current CEO is Franco Fogliato. Salomon is part of Amer Sports, headquartered in Helsinki (Finland). The US operations of Salomon are located in Ogden, Utah.
Salomon also sponsors and hosts many trail races throughout the world, including the Golden Trail Series. It also runs Salomon TV, a channel that tells inspirational stories about athletes, places and interesting characters from the world of skiing, trail running, and the outdoors.
- ^ "Salomon Appoints New President | SGB Media Online". sgbonline.com. August 10, 2021.
- ^ a b Hogen, Jackson (December 2010). "Georges Salomon". Skiing Heritage: 44.
- ^ Sirak, Ron (September 17, 1997). "Organizers announce field for Skins Game". Ocala Star-Banner. Florida. Associated Press. p. 6D.
- ^ Salomon, Owner update, 2019 [China’s Anta Sports closes in on €5.6bn takeover of Finland’s Amer] https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/07/22/1885922/0/en/Change-in-Amer-Sports-Corporation-s-financial-reporting-schedule.html | https://www.chicagobusiness.com/consumer-products/wilson-sporting-goods-parent-be-acquired-52-billion |  | https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/person/15393732
- ^ Lipe, Gordon (November 1968). "Salomon atni-sgock-competition step-in". Skiing. p. 100.
- ^ Judgement Forces Salomon to Cease All Sales of Alleged Patent-Infringing Skates from thefreelibrary.com
- ^ Golden Trail Series.
- Official website
- Story Behind Salomon Skis
- Skiing History - Georges P.J. Salomon
- Justia - Salomon patents
- Best Salomon Boots - Bootwisdom
- Sportswear brands
- Sporting goods manufacturers of France
- Outdoor clothing brands
- Clothing companies of France
- French brands
- Sporting goods brands
- Ski equipment manufacturers
- Shoe companies of France
- Sport in Annecy
- Manufacturing companies established in 1947
- French companies established in 1947
- 1997 mergers and acquisitions
- 2005 mergers and acquisitions
- French subsidiaries of foreign companies