Salsali Private Museum
|Location||Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz, Dubai|
|Collection size||Contemporary art|
The Salsali Private Museum [SPM], in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is the first private museum in the region for contemporary Middle Eastern and international art. It was founded in November 2011 by Ramin Salsali, and is located in the industrial area of Al Quoz in Alserkal Avenue, a complex with the highest concentration of galleries and creative spaces in the region.
Exhibitions at SPM showcase artworks from the Salsali's collection and the museum hosts exhibitions from across the globe.
Furthermore, SPM serves as an independent center for art collectors, and provides an insight into a Contemporary Middle Eastern and International Art.
Salsali Private Museum is a contribution to the unique process of the development of the United Arab Emirates and Dubai as an evolving hub for the art and culture of the Middle East. It is a true example for the social responsibility and commitment of all individuals and corporations to contribute to the development of creativity in their communities.
Ramin Salsali started his collection at the age of 21 and has been developing it ever since. Born in Tehran in 1964, he studied economics, strategic management and marketing with a focus on Industry Design in Germany and England.
In April 2011, Ramin Salsali decided to realize his long-term dream by establishing a private museum in Dubai. Salsali Private Museum [SPM] opened its doors on the 11.11.2011.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai has recognized and honored Ramin Salsali as Patron of the Arts for the consecutive years, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 for his sustained support of the art community in Dubai.
Ramin's depth of experience and refreshing approach to the art collection process will be inspiring to both established and emerging collectors.
- SHOW OFF! | November 2011
- LIFE IS TOO SHORT March 2012
- THE SEISMIC SANCTUARYby Pantea Rahmani September 2012
- IRAN - RPM November 2012
- OLYMPIA by BRIAN FERRY | December 2012
- REZA DERAKSHANI March 2013
- CHRISTIAN VOIGT September 2013
- CINEMA December 2013
- IMRAN QURESHI January 2014
- AMIR HOSSEIN ZANJANI March 2014
- HIDDEN CONSCIOUSNESS by MOHAMMED EHSAI | March 2014
- THE INVISIBLE LANDSCAPE AND CONCRETE FUTURES by HAZEM HARB | March 2015
- GERMAN COOL November 2015
"Reza Derakshani - Selected works"
The Seismics Sanctuary - Pantea Rahmani
Amir Hossein Zanjani solo exhibition catalogue
"GERMAN COOL" exhibition catalogue
- Salsali Private Museum is now open
- Making off "The Seismic Sanctuary" by Pantea Rahmani
- Reza Derakshani at SPM
- Imran Qureshi at SPM
- Amir Hossein Zanjani solo exhibition at SPM
- Hazem Harb solo exhibition at SPM
- Hazem Harb "Chairs for Gaza Schools" project
- Patron of the Arts
- Collector Lounge http://www.salsalipm.com/en/article/salsali/collector-lounge.html
- Individual Patronage in the UAE: the Salsali Private Museum
- Ramin Salsali at START tv
- 36 Hours in Dubai by The New York Times