Salt Creek Township, Davis County, Iowa
|Salt Creek Township|
Location in Davis County
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (92.98 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.21 km2)|
|• Water||0.29 sq mi (0.76 km2) 0.82%|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|• Density||8.3/sq mi (3.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0468658|
Salt Creek Township covers an area of 35.9 square miles (92.98 square kilometers); of this, 0.29 square miles (0.76 square kilometers) or 0.82 percent is water. The stream of Salt Creek runs through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township, Wapello County (north)
- Des Moines Township, Jefferson County (northeast)
- Village Township, Van Buren County (east)
- Chequest Township, Van Buren County (southeast)
- Union Township (south)
- Perry Township (southwest)
- Lick Creek Township (west)
- Keokuk Township, Wapello County (northwest)
The township contains ten cemeteries: Anderson, Bethlehem, Glasgow, Heidlebaugh, Hem, Jackson, Litgner, Mount Gilead, Pagett and Pierce.
- History of Davis County, Iowa. State Historical Company. 1882. p. 428.
- History of Davis County, Iowa: Containing a History of the County, Its Cities, Towns, Etc. State Historical Company. 1882. p. 599.
|This article about the geography of Davis County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|