Salt Creek Township, Jackson County, Indiana
Salt Creek Township
Countryside in the township
Location in Jackson County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.03 sq mi (111.4 km2)|
|• Land||42.83 sq mi (110.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.46%|
|Elevation||554 ft (169 m)|
|• Density||8/sq mi (3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453828|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.03 square miles (111.4 km2), of which 42.83 square miles (110.9 km2) (or 99.54%) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) (or 0.46%) is water. The streams of Callahan Branch, Combs Branch, Combs Creek, Fleetwood Branch, Lincoln Back Branch, Little Salt Creek, Negro Creek, Pruitt Branch and Tipton Creek run through this township.
- Washington Township, Brown County (north)
- Van Buren Township, Brown County (northeast)
- Pershing Township (east)
- Owen Township (south)
- Pleasant Run Township, Lawrence County (southwest)
- Polk Township, Monroe County (west)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Callahan, Cornett, Cummings, Hanner, Lutes, Robinson and Thompson.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.