Salt Lagoon Islands Conservation Park
|Salt Lagoon Islands Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Narrung|
|Established||16 March 1967|
|Area||76 ha (190 acres)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Salt Lagoon Islands Conservation Park is a protected area covering two islands and some adjoining waters in Salt Lagoon at the south east extent of Lake Alexandrina in South Australia about 14 kilometres (8.7 miles) south-west of Narrung.
It was declared for its significance as follows:
These two small islands are one of the main breeding sites for a number of the larger water birds in South Australia. Species known to breed there include two species of spoonbill, three species of egret, four species of cormorant, three species of ibis and the Nankeen night heron.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "CROWN LANDS ACT, 1929-1966: FAUNA CONSERVATION RESERVES DEDICATED" (PDF). THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT GAZETTE. Government of South Australia. 16 March 1967. pp. 961–962. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 25 November 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Salt Lagoon Islands Conservation Park". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- Boating Industry Association of South Australia (BIA); South Australia. Department for Environment and Heritage (2005), South Australia's waters an atlas & guide, Boating Industry Association of South Australia, pp. 4 & 12, ISBN 978-1-86254-680-6
- "Salt Lagoon Conservation Park, Salt Lagoon, Narrung, SA, Australia (Place ID 7913)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- This article incorporates text by Commonwealth of Australia available under the CC BY 3.0 AU licence.
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This protected areas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|