From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saltbush can refer to:
- Atriplex, is distributed nearly worldwide from subtropical to temperate and to subarctic regions. Most species rich are Australia, North America, South America and Eurasia. Many species are halophytes and are adapted to dry environments with salty soils.
- Certain members of genus Chenopodium, including:
- Chenopodium hastatum, commonly called berry saltbush, found in open areas of eastern Australia.
- Chenopodium nutans, commonly called climbing, or nodding saltbush, native to Australia. The small leaves are semi-succulent, and have a distinctive arrowhead shape. The plant has conspicuous, tiny, bright-red berries during early autumn.
- Sarcobatus vermiculatus, native to North America, is a halophyte, usually found in sunny, flat areas around the margins of playas
Four-winged saltbush (Atriplex canescens)
Chenopodium hastatum berries
Chenopodium nutans berries
Cone-like structures containing the female flowers of Sarcobatus vermiculatus
- Barrier saltbush, Enchylaena
|This page is an index of articles on plant species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.|