|• Type||Salumber Municipal Council|
|• Total||3,094 km2 (1,195 sq mi)|
|Elevation||262 m (860 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (710/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Salumbar is a city in Salumbar district, in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Salumbar is a part of "Mewar" dynasty. Salumbar is also known as "Hadirani nagri" which has history of queen Hadirani who sacrificed her life to motivate her husband to go to a battle.
Geography, economy and tourism
Salumbar is located at . It has an average elevation of 262 metres (859 feet).
Salumbar is known for its historical monuments, temples, spiritual atmosphere, and beautiful geographical locations with beautiful Aravali mountain range.
Salumbar is a major trading hub for nearby villages and is known for its gold and silver jewellery.
It has major population of Hindu, Jain, Bohra, and Muslim community.
Tourist places to visit :
- Hadi rani Mahal by the pond Sering
- Sonar mata temple on mountain with panaromic view of city and its surroundings
- Jaisamand lake (Dhebar lake) - India's first and world's oldest historical and second largest artificial fresh water lake in Asia (18 km away from Salumbar)
- Ruthi rani mahal in Jaisamand with panaromic view of Jaisamand lake and mountains
- Jaisamand wildlife sanctuary and safari - Serves as habitat to various types of birds, panthers, leopards, deer, wild boars and crocodiles.
Famous temples - Sonar mata, Bada Ganpati, Palwale Hanuman, Rambola Hanuman, Jageshwar, Bayan mata, Gayatri mandir, Idana mata, Barolji, Gatod ji, and numerous Jain temples.
Masjid - There are several masjid of Bohra and Muslim community.
Historical monuments - Hadirani Mahal, Ruthi rani mahal jaisamand, Jaisamand Lake.
As of 2011[update] India census, Salumbar had a population of 248,337 of which 125,974 are males while 122,363 are females. The Female Sex Ratio in Salumbar Municipality stood as 951, against the state average of 928. Salumbar city had a Literacy rate of 85.82%, which was higher than the state average of 66.11%. Male literacy was 93.78%, and female literacy was 77.56%. There are around 3,392 houses under the Salumbar Municipality administration, where it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage.
Earlier in 2001, As of 2001[update] India census, Salumber had a population of 15,862. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Salumbar has an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 83%, and female literacy is 68%. In Salumbar, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Salumber
- District Census Handbook Udaipur, Village and Town Directory (PDF). Directorate of Census Operations. 2011.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.