Salvador Gonzáles Escalona
In the 1980s he had a series of art exhibitions at Cuba. In 1986 he had an exhibition at Seychelles and in 1987 an exhibition in Rome, Italy.
Callejón de Hamel
April 21, 1990 he started with murals and sculptures in the street Callejón de Hamel, near University of Havana. For sculptures he used scrap objects like bathtubs, hand pumps, pin wheels etc., and for the murals he used different kind of available paint, including car enamel.
Even though the first four years became difficult, he was inspired by local inhabitants and visitors to continue his work, and little by little, the street was transformed from a slum area to an enthusiastic Afro-Cuban centre.
This is still Salvador's artistic headquarter.
From 1990 he is represented at various exhibitions at Cuba. From 1992 he had several exhibitions abroad:
- 1994 -
- 1997 - San Juan
- 1998 - New York City (The Metropolitan Pavilion Gallery) + University of California, Los Angeles
- 1999 - New York (Manhattan)
- 2000 - New York (The Metropolitan Pavilion Gallery) + Tiberino + Philadelphia
- 2005 - Madrid
Besides several murals at Cuba, he has done murals abroad:
- 1991 - "El Hijo del Sol", 350 m2 - Hotel Caracas Hilton
- 1992 - Florø
- 1993 - "Ancestros" - Centro Multicultural, Xochimilco. Invited by Dr. Fèlix Zurita Ochoa
- 1994 - "Sol de America" - Museo Antropologico de Querétaro, Institudo Indigenista Otomi, Universidad Autonomica
- 1995 - "Madre Agua", "Solidaritetshuset", Copenhagen
- 1996 - "Deidales del Mar" - Vejle
- 1995 - "La Roca del Amor" - The Johnson State College, Vermont + a mural in Arizona
- 1996 - "El muerto pare el Santo" + "Iku Lobi Osha" - California + "La creacion de Obbatala ante el dios del Camino" - New Jersey (Roosevelt elementary school) + "El dios del Camino" - New York (Washington Square Preschool)
- 1998 - "El framboyan" - New York (El Museo del Barrio)
- 2000 - "Mariposas del Caribe" - Philadelphia
- 2001 - "Una Flor para Africa" - Philadelphia
- 1996 - Hospitality center, Alburquerque
- 1998 - "Orilla frente al Mar" + "Rumba" + "Rumba en la Rumba" + "De un solo pajaro las dos alas"
- 2007 - Torino
Besides several sculptures at Cuba:
- 1994 - "La ganga y la Llave" - Randers
- 1996 - "Yemaya Olokun" - Vejle
Several video-interviews is produced by Cuban TV and by others. 2002 the 79 minutes documentary "A Cuban Legend: The Story of Salvador González" was produced by Bette Wanderman.