This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Narrated by||Ralph Ineson|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||14|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV) |
|Original release||14 November 2011 –|
Salvage Hunters is a British television programme in which decorative salvage dealer Drew Pritchard travels throughout the country in search of antiques from shops, fairs and old mansions to re-sell online or in his shop.
The program has aired on Quest since 2011, for 14 series.
Each episode features Drew Pritchard visiting multiple locations to find collectable stock to resell. Usually, he travels with his long-time friend "Tee" (John Tee), who acts as van driver and loader when moving the purchased items.
The format includes travelling to the locations, the purchase with some haggling on prices and product style explanation, the drive back to his base in Conwy, showing the purchases to his team, the restoration process, and items being photographed. There is a final summary of the deal, and often of the price achieved after an item has been sold.
The sellers include private estates, antiques shops, trade markets and private individuals.
Spin off programmes
- Salvage Hunters: Best Buys
- Salvage Hunters: Bitesize
- Salvage Hunters: The Restorers
- Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars
- Salvage Hunters: Design Classics
Foreign countries visited in the series
This section possibly contains original research. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Republic of Ireland
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|14||11 September 2019||2020||15|
- "Restoration comedy: Salvage Hunter Drew Pritchard on his cottage overhaul". Metro Newspaper UK.
- Jones, Mari (1 September 2018). "Drew Pritchard on whether his Conwy shop gamble has paid off". northwales.
- Doughty, Eleanor (January 13, 2017). "Hunting for treasures with an expert antiques dealer" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Quest ink deal for new Salvage Hunters franchise". Realscreen.
- "New Series of Salvage Hunters". September 13, 2018 – via dailypost.co.uk.[failed verification]