|Motto||Deo Duce |
(God is my leader)
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Father Gabriel Enderle|
|Department for Education URN||138458 Tables|
|Headteacher||Mr Martin Tissot|
|Age||11 to 16|
|Former pupils||Old Salvos|
Salvatorian College is an Academy for boys between the ages of 11-16, situated in Wealdstone in the London Borough of Harrow, founded by Father Gabriel Enderle. The spiritual founder of the college is considered to be Venerable Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan.
Salvatorian College was founded in 1926 by the Salvatorian Brothers. They had come to Harrow in 1901 and established a small parish dedicated to Saint Joseph. It was not until 1926 that the community was big enough to warrant the opening a school. The grammar school opened in September 1926 with thirteen boys and Fr Cuthbert Smith SDS as the first headmaster. Shortly after, a prep department for boys aged 8–11 was opened as the number of boys grew. Under the tripartite system it attained voluntary aided grammar school status in 1961. The prep department was closed that same year.
With the abolition of the tripartite system and Harrow LEA adopting the three-tier system, in 1979, the sixth form was closed and consolidated into the coeducational St Dominic's Sixth Form College, formerly a convent grammar school for girls run by the Dominican Sisters while the College became a comprehensive school for boys aged 12 to 16, although the entry age later became 11 when Harrow Council reverted to the two-tier system in line with other London boroughs. The first lay headmaster/headteacher was appointed in 1981 and most teachers are lay staff but the school remains under the trusteeship of the Salvatorians, whose provincial office is located down the road from the school and provincial priest serves as Vice Chair of Governors.
- Fr Cuthbert Smith SDS (1926-1937)
- Fr Xavier Howard (1937-1947)
- Fr Thomas Hennessey (1947-1961)
- Fr Dominic Crilly SDS (1961-1981)
- Mr John Montgomery (1981-1987)
- Mr Kevin Wehrle (1987-1999)
- Mr Andrew Graham (1999-2012)
- Mr Paul Kassapian (2012–2017)
- Mr Alan Bryant (Head of School) (2017-)
- Mr Martin Tissot (Executive Headteacher) (2017– )
In the school there is a house system which students are placed into at the beginning of their school career; they are Alban, Beckett, Campion, Francis and Gabriel.
In 2012 Salvatorian College was successful with a bid for a new building as part of the Priority Schools Building Programme. As part of the rebuild, the entire building has been closed, resulting in all students temporarily being relocated to Priestmead Primary School until September 2019.
Notable former pupils
- Derek Hammond-Stroud – opera singer
- Adrian Mariappa – Jamaican international and Reading FC football player
- Tony McNulty – former politician
- Paul Staines – political blogger
- Albert Welling – television and theatre actor
- Mike Costin - Co-founder Cosworth Engineering and Lotus F1 designer
- Kevin Fong - Lecturer, scientific advisor to the British National Space Centre, course organiser, television presenter, writer
- "Salvatorian College 1926 - 1966".
- History Archived 2013-04-22 at Archive.today
- "Salvatorian College". 4 September 2012. Archived from the original on 17 October 2013.
- 2012 Appointment of new headteacher Archived 2013-04-21 at Archive.today
- Template:Cite web url=http://www.salvatoriancollege.com/39/our-staff
- "Headteacher's Welcome". 19 July 2017.
- "College Rebuild".
- "Priestmead building used by Salvatorian College".