|Born||Samuel David Aston
7 June 1993
Bacup, Lancashire, England
Best Dramatic Performance for a Young Actor or Actress at the British Soap Awards
2005 Coronation Street – Chesney Brown
Born in 1993, Sam is the youngest of nine children, having three older brothers and five older sisters, of whom three of them, two brothers and one sister are actors. He lives in Rawtenstall, Lancashire, and attended Haslingden High School. He also attended Thorn County Primary School, where a few of his siblings had been educated, and his sister now teaches there.
Sam Aston's on screen debut, at the age of five, was as an extra in Eddie Mountain, arranged through his agent. In 2003, he appeared in an advertisement for Warburtons bread. He acted in Where the Heart Is and The Bill, as Ryan Best. After securing an audition through his agent Carol Godby, Aston won the part of Chesney Brown on Coronation Street after four auditions. He has since been on Stars in Their Eyes and portrayed Oliver Twist in the 19 November 2004 production of BBC's Children in Need.
In 2004, Aston was named Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards. When accepting the award, he thanked his agent Carol Godby, who runs the drama workshop where he trains still. The following year, Aston won Best Dramatic Performance for a Young Actor or Actress at the British Soap Awards.
In October 2005, Aston presented the Queen with a bouquet at a party to celebrate fifty years of ITV. He appeared as Horrid Henry in the Children's Party At The Palace, an all star event to celebrate the 80th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II in June 2006.
Aston was interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live' football programme 606, where he stated he is a season ticket holder of Burnley Football Club. Sam sits in The Bob Lord Stand. He also appeared on All Star Family Fortunes with his family, albeit losing. He is an excellent golfer, as he recently finishing second in the Lancashire Cricket Club Foundation Day.
Aston later visited Mount Carmel RC High School in Accrington in May 2016. He visited the school to personally deliver sweatshirts. On November 26, 2016, Aston switched on the Christmas lights in the town of Leyland. He visited Mount Carmel to deliver sweatshirts again in May 2017.
- "famous redheads - Red Soap". Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "I'm just like 'our Chesney'". Lancashire Evening Telegraph. 26 October 2004. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "Sam Aston - Other works". Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- Smyth, Catherine (5 November 2004). "TV star Sam slides back... into school's Grease chorus line". Rossendale Free Press. Retrieved 2007-08-08.
- "When our Chesney met the Queen". Manchester Evening News. MEN Media. 2005-10-14. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- "Coronation Street star Sam Aston makes surprise delivery to Mount Carmel school". accringtonobserver.co.uk. 3 June 2016. Retrieved 31 May 2017.