10 April 1986
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
|Spouse(s)||Vicky Ogden (m. 2014)|
Attwater trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts and went on to star in musicals such as Tonight's the Night, 12 Tenors, 20th Century Boy, and Our Benny. He appeared as a dancer in Bollywood film Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and featured in four episodes of Hollyoaks in 2009, playing Ricky. In January 2010 he starred in the EastEnders spin-off EastEnders: E20 as Leon Small and went on to become a regular cast member in EastEnders, but was axed in May 2010, making his last on-screen appearance on 30 September 2010.
Attwater's debut EP, Breaking Boundaries, was released on 24 January 2011.
Dancing on Ice
In December 2010 it was announced that Attwater would be competing in the sixth series of Dancing on Ice in 2011. Attwater was partnered by professional figure skater Brianne Delcourt. Attwater won the series on 27 March 2011, beating Laura Hamilton in the final. He then went on to perform alongside gold medal winning skaters Torvill and Dean, on the Dancing on Ice Live Tour 2011, touring around the UK performing at arenas such as the Birmingham NIA and Wembley Stadium, amazing crowds with his high skating ability.
Sam finished fourth in the 'All Stars' series of Dancing on Ice with his fiance Vicky Ogden after they lose out to Ray Quinn and his partner Maria Filippov but head judge Robin Cousins praise Sam and his skating work.
On 18 July 2011, Sam made his West End debut playing the character of "Norman" in hit West End musical "Dreamboats & Petticoats" at the Playhouse Theatre. He also performed "The Wanderer" a song from the musical, on ITV's "This Morning" on 4 August 2011. He then also appeared on "The Alan Titchmarsh Show" performing with some of the cast of Dreamboats and Petticoats, on 13 October 2011.
He is currently starring as Brad Majors in the 40th Anniversary Production of Richard O'Brien's "The Rocky Horror Show" on a UK Tour, he began his run as Brad at the Edinburgh Playhouse and will continue until Milton Keynes Theatre on the tour schedule before being replaced by former Brad Majors ITV Superstar winner Ben Forster.
Sam married Vicky Ogden on 26 August 2014.
On 18 June 2016, Ogden gave birth to their daughter, Rosie Ida May Attwater.
|2009||Hollyoaks||Ricky Campbell||4 episodes|
|2010||EastEnders||Leon Small||42 episodes|
|EastEnders: E20||13 episodes|
|2016||Mr Selfridge||Bumby Wallace||1 episode|
- "Search results". FindMyPast.co.uk. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- Attwater, Sam (20 January 2011). "Twitlonger: Thank you all so much for wishing me a happy birthday but it's not my birthday". Twitlonger. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Sam Attwater". BBC. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Sam Attwater". IMDb. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Green, Kris (25 November 2009). "'EastEnders' announces 'E20' cast". Digital Spy. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Green, Kris (11 May 2010). "Exclusive: Leon, Zsa Zsa to leave 'EastEnders'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (September 2010). "Zsa Zsa and Leon prepare to depart". Digital Spy. London. Archived from the original on 9 September 2010. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Album". SamAttwater,com. Archived from the original on 23 December 2010. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- Daniels, Colin (18 December 2010). "Full 'Dancing on Ice' lineup revealed". Digital Spy. London. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- Love, Ryan (20 December 2010). "'Dancing on Ice' pairings confirmed". Digital Spy. London. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- Thompson, Jody (27 March 2011). "Sam Attwater wins Dancing on Ice 2011 despite Laura Hamilton's perfect 10s – and accidentally grabbing Brianne Delcourt's boob in Bolero routine". Daily Mail. London. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Shahid, Sharnaz (1 September 2014). "Just Married! Sam Attwater ties the knot with Dancing on Ice partner Vicky Ogden in a romantic star-studded wedding ceremony". Daily Mail. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Nattrass, JJ (25 October 2016). "'Pregnancy scared me': Vicky Ogden says 44-hour birth of daughter Rosie was emotional but she and husband Sam Attwater want more children". Daily Mail. Retrieved 25 October 2016.