Sam Barlow High School
|Sam Barlow High School|
|5105 SE 302nd Avenue
Gresham, Oregon, Multnomah County 97080
|School district||Gresham-Barlow School District|
|Number of students||1754|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Mt. Hood Conference 6A-3|
Sam Barlow High School is a public high school in Gresham, Oregon, United States, in the Gresham-Barlow School District. It was named for the Oregon pioneer Sam Barlow. Barlow is home to a teacher from Wales named Stephen Corkett who received the University of Oregon's high school teacher of the year award.
Sam Barlow High School first opened in September 1968 in its present location at 302nd street and Lusted Road east of Gresham, Oregon.
In 2013, 85% of the school's seniors received their high school diploma. Of 400 students, 340 graduated, 40 dropped out, 6 received a modified diploma, and 13 are still in high school. Barlow's students have been filling AP classes and nailing AP exams at such a high rate that the College Board named the Gresham-Barlow School District to its fourth-annual Advanced Placement District Honor Roll. Just three districts in Oregon received the honor.
- Girls Volleyball: 1987, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996
- Boys Track and Field: 1999, 2008
- Boys Wrestling: 1980, 1981
- Girls Track and Field: 2015
- Brian Burres – Major League Baseball pitcher, Pittsburgh Pirates 
- Liz Jacobsen- WMLS (Rochester Rhinos)
- Ryan Crouser - athlete, Gold medalist in shot put at 2016 Summer Olympics 
- Mike Ekstrom – Major League Baseball pitcher, Tampa Bay Rays
- Dave Jansen – mixed martial arts fighter, Bellator
- Fred Jones – Former National Basketball Association shooting guard
- Toby Oft – musician, Principal Trombone, Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Mike Pierce – professional mixed martial arts fighter, formerly competing in the UFC
- Oscar Wood - wrestler
- Brent Knopf - Singer, songwriter and musician in indie bands Menomena, Ramona Falls and EL VY
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- Green, Aimee (2010-02-03). "MySpace conversation about shooting up Barlow High leads jury to find ex-students guilty of disorderly conduct". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Your Schools". The Oregonian. 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Gresham-Barlow School District honored for promoting Advanced Placement classes for high-performing students". The Oregonian. 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Krider, Dave (May 5, 2010). "New generation continues Crouser family throwing tradition". MaxPreps.com. Retrieved June 22, 2016.
- "Principal". www.bso.org. Boston Symphony Orchestra. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- Quick, Jason (December 27, 1996). "Oregon State Wrestling's madman of the mat". The Oregonian. p. E1.
- "Six Feet High And Rising". www.seattleweekly.org. Seattle Weekly. Retrieved 2004-03-03.