|Created by||E. Jack Neumann|
|Written by||Joseph Calvelli
E. Jack Neuman
|Directed by||Abner Biberman
|Theme music composer||Nelson Riddle|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||28|
|Running time||45–48 minutes|
|Production company(s)||MGM Television|
|Original release||September 15, 1962– March 30, 1963|
The series starred Edmond O'Brien as flamboyant San Francisco attorney Sam Benedict. Richard Rust portrayed his 24-year-old associate, Hank Tabor. Joan Tompkins co-starred in all episodes as Trudy Wagner. Most episodes followed two story lines: first Benedict's case and then Tabor's.
- Elizabeth Ashley
- Phyllis Avery
- Hazel Court
- Yvonne Craig
- Howard Duff
- Ross Elliott, four episodes as Marty Rhodes
- Diana Hyland
- Nancy Kelly
- Elizabeth MacRae
- Gary Merrill
- Vera Miles
- Michael Parks
- Claude Rains
- Darryl Richard
- Ruth Roman
- Inger Stevens
- Barbara Stuart
Reception and cancellation
In the 1962–1963 season, Sam Benedict was replaced at the 7:30 Eastern time slot on Saturdays by another MGM series about a trainee and his mentor: The Lieutenant starring Gary Lockwood and Robert Vaughn,. Rebroadcasts of the series continued from April to September 7, 1963.
On November 22, 2016, Warner Bros. released Sam Benedict – The Complete Series on DVD via their Warner Archive Collection. This is a manufacture-on-demand (MOD) release, available through Warner's online store and Amazon.com.
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946–present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 1029. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- Joan Tompkins, "Trudy Wagner" on Sam Benedict:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0867000/
- "Awards for Sam Benedict". imdb.com. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- 1962–1963; 1963–1964 American network television schedules
- 'The Complete Series' of the 1962 NBC Legal Drama Archived 2016-10-28 at the Wayback Machine.