|Full name||Sam Blease|
|Date of birth||19 February 1991|
|Original team(s)||Eastern Ranges (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 17 (PP), 2008 National Draft, Melbourne|
|Height / weight||184cm / 80kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2015.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Selected by Melbourne with pick 17 in the 2008 AFL Draft, he previously played with the Eastern Ranges in the TAC Cup, represented the under-18 Vic metro side in 2008 and is an AIS/AFL Academy graduate.
Blease suffered a setback in his first year with the Demons when he broke his leg, ruling him out for majority of the 2009 season.
Blease kicked a career high five goals against the Saints in round 20 of the 2012 AFL season, for this he was nominated for the 2012 AFL Rising Star, becoming only the ninth player to be nominated in two different seasons.
Blease struggled to break into the senior side during 2014, due to the defensive nature of Paul Roos' coaching. He was called into the side for round 18 against Port Adelaide and retained his position to play against Brisbane Lions the next week. He was dropped after the Brisbane game and requested to be traded from the club at the end of the season, however, was unable to find a new home. He was officially delisted on 22 October 2014. On 3 November 2014, Blease joined the Geelong Football Club as a delisted free agent. He announced his immediate retirement from the AFL on 31 August 2015 after failing to recover from a serious head knock during a VFL match against Essendon on 25 July.
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2015 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Burgan, Matt. "Blease break just bad luck: Bailey". Melbourne FC. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- Holmesby, Luke (30 August 2011). "The long road". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- Holmesby, Luke (14 August 2012). "Blease pleases". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Speedy Blease exits Dees and hopes to find a new home". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Blease, Strauss delisted by Demons". Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "'I've had five coaches in six years': Blease critical of Dees' instability". AFL Bigpond Network. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- McNicol, Adam (31 August 2015). "Blease calls it a day". GeelongCats.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Sam Blease statistics". AFL Tables.