Sam FM (Bristol)
|Broadcast area||Bristol and Bath, Somerset|
|Slogan||'We're In Charge'|
|First air date||20 May 2007|
The station was awarded its original broadcast licence in September 2006 as Original 106.5, and commenced broadcasting on 20 May 2007. It was owned by a group of investors under the name Tomahawk Radio. The station originally broadcast an Adult Oriented format, with 40% of its music coming from past or present Top 20 charts.
Rebrand to Sam FM and merger
From 1 April 2015, the Jack FM name was dropped in favour of Sam FM by the station owner Celador Radio, who decided on changing the name six months beforehand.  The station's topical imaging are voiced by actor and comedian Gareth Hale (of Hale and Pace).
On 25 May 2016, OFCOM announced it had granted Celador permission to merge the station with its sister station in Swindon. The company said the Swindon station was not financially viable as a stand-alone service, having made a £50,000 loss in 2015. The station will continue to broadcast its weekday breakfast show from Bristol = shared with the Swindon station - and will retain local news bulletins, traffic updates and what's on information.
Sam FM was removed from DAB in 2015, but three years later is been re-added to Bristol's DAB Mux in a bid to increase listener reach. 
- "Mike Ford 'row' with Bristol DJ launches new radio station". Bristol Evening Post. 2 December 2009. Archived from the original on 5 January 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- "Details of acquisition by Celador". Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Radio Today: Celador's JACK Stations to become Sam FM: 1 April 2015
- Sam FM Swindon to merge with Sam FM Bristol, Radio Today, 25 May 2016
- "Sam Fm Joining Bristol DAB Mux". Retrieved 7 August 2018.