Faiers in 2015
|Born||Samantha Elizabeth Faiers|
31 December 1990
Brentwood, Essex, England
|Residence||Hertfordshire, England, UK|
|Occupation||Celebrity, TV personality, businesswoman|
|Television||The Only Way Is Essex (2010–14)|
Celebrity Big Brother (2014)
Sam Faiers: The Mummy Diaries (2016–)
|Partner(s)||Mark Wright (2010) |
Joey Essex (2010–11, 2012–13)
Paul Knightley (2014–present)
|Relatives||Lee Faiers (father)|
Sue Wells (mother)
David Chatwood (stepfather)
Billie Faiers (sister)
Samantha Elizabeth "Sam" Faiers (born 31 December 1990) is an English television personality and model. She is signed to Elite Model Management and is best known for having starred in the ITV2 semi-reality programme The Only Way Is Essex. In 2014, she competed in the thirteenth series of Celebrity Big Brother, finishing in fifth place.
Early and personal life
Faiers was born in Brentwood, Essex, to parents Suzanne "Sue" Wells and Lee Faiers. She has an older sister, Billie, who also stars on The Only Way Is Essex. Following their parents split while Sam and Billie were children, their mother later went on to marry David Chatwood.
In February 2014, Faiers was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. It is believed that she first displayed symptoms during her time in the Celebrity Big Brother house. During her stay in the house she was admitted to hospital twice for tests, which continued into February once she had left the house, finally achieving a diagnosis.
On 21 August 2015 it was reported that Faiers was expecting her first child with current boyfriend Paul. Faiers gave birth to a baby boy, Paul Tony Knightley, on 29 December 2015. In July 2017, Faiers revealed she was expecting her second child. On 11 November 2017, Faiers gave birth to a baby girl, Rosie Knightley.
2010–14: The Only Way Is Essex
On 10 October 2010, Faiers appeared in the first episode of The Only Way Is Essex and has starred in eleven series of the show. Her early storylines on the show seen her involved with Mark Wright despite him being in an on/off relationship with Lauren Goodger at the time. The second series of the show saw Faiers's sister Billie join the cast. During this series Faiers also began a relationship with new cast member Joey Essex, but they later split off-screen. They reconciled again on screen during the fifth series and got engaged during series 8. However, their turbulent relationship finally came to an end again months later in the series 9. In March 2014, Faiers announced that she would be taking a break from TOWIE after the end of its eleventh series, due to a lack of storylines, her recent Crohn's disease diagnosis, and to work on her relationship with Joey.
2014: Celebrity Big Brother
In January 2014, Faiers entered the Celebrity Big Brother house to compete in the thirteenth series. She entered handcuffed to fellow housemate, American starlet Jasmine Waltz, as part of a task. It was revealed that Faiers had been meeting a journalist from OK! during her stay in the house, so that she could continue writing her weekly column for the magazine. Faiers made the final on Day 27 but finished in fifth place. While in the house, Faiers was unwell and stated that she 'couldn't keep food down', and was later diagnosed with Crohn's disease.
Faiers has made guest appearances on chat shows such as Loose Women, This Morning and Daybreak. She was a panellist on the fifth episode of series 8 of Shooting Stars and starred on the eleventh series of The Real Hustle, going undercover as a bitter ex-wife to help the Hustlers con a mark. She has also been a panellist on Celebrity Juice twice, once during the sixth series and again in the ninth series with her (then) fiancé Joey Essex. Faiers has recently launched her own online fitness website (Celebrity Training with Sam Faiers) which offers only workout videos and healthy eating recipes.
|Single||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(featuring cast of TOWIE series 3)
|2010–14||The Only Way Is Essex||Herself||Cast member|
|2011, 2012, 2013||Loose Women||Guest, 5 episodes (11 May, 16 September, 5 December 2011, 14 June 2012, 19 September 2013)|
|2011||Shooting Stars||Panellist, 1 episode (4 September 2011)|
|2011, 2013||Celebrity Juice||Panellist, 2 episodes (15 September 2011, 11 April 2013)|
|2012||Daybreak||Guest, 1 episode (4 January 2012)|
|The Real Hustle||Guest, 1 episode (3 February 2012)|
|The Million Pound Drop Live||Contestant, 1 episode (14 July 2012)|
|2013||Splash!||Series 1, supporting Joey Essex|
|All Star Mr & Mrs||Contestant, 1 episode (22 May 2013)|
|2013, 2014||This Morning||Guest, 2 episodes (29 November 2013, 31 January 2014)|
|2014||Celebrity Big Brother||Series 13 housemate|
|Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side|
|Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Guest, 1 episode (5 June 2014)|
|Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Guest, 1 episode (18 August 2014)|
|2016||Sam Faiers: The Baby Diaries||One off episode following the birth of her son, Paul|
|2016 – present||Sam Faiers - The Mummy Diaries||Full series following her son Paul's first year|
- Davison, Rebecca (29 November 2013). "one gorgeous gene pool! Sam and Billie Faiers look just like their youthful mum in co-ordinating bikini pictures". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Williams, Amanda; Buckland, Lucy (5 May 2013). "'It's a bit of a result': Sam and Billie Faiers' stepfather released from prison just FOUR months after being jailed for four years". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Mendoza, Nadia (24 October 2011). "Pictured: The moment TOWIE star Billie Faiers is viciously attacked by female clubgoer". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Gleave, Ed (2 February 2014). "EXCLUSIVE: Estranged ex-druggie father of Sam Faiers begs her for another chance". Daily Star. Northern & Shell. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "TOWIE's Sam Faiers diagnosed with Crohns Disease". BBC News. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Crawley, Joanna (30 December 2015). "'Welcome to the world': Sam Faiers gives birth to 'beautiful' baby boy as she shares touching photo of her new arrival". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- Fillingham, Hanna (December 12, 2017). "Sam Faiers reveals baby daughter's name". hellomagazine.com. Hello!. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Littlejohn, Georgina (15 November 2011). "TOWIE's Sam Faiers dumped Mark Wright: 'I don't want to end up like Lauren Goodger'". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Manning, Jenny (21 May 2012). "TOWIE's Sam Faiers and Joey Essex split". The Sun. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Manning, Jenny (1 May 2012). "It's official - TOWIE's Sam and Joey are back on". The Sun. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Fitzmaurice, Sarah; Sheridan, Emily (4 April 2013). "TOWIE: Joey Essex breaks down in tears as he asks Sam Faiers to marry him, and she says yes!". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Buckland, Lucy (7 June 2013). "Sam Faiers and Joey Essex split: Sam still wearing engagement ring". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Why Sam Faiers sensationally quit TOWIE: Love, Crohn's and a lack of storylines". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Eames, Tom (3 January 2014). "Celebrity Big Brother: Your quick guide to the new housemates". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Taylor, Frances (14 January 2014). "Celebrity Big Brother's Sam Faiers spoke to OK journalist in house". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Earp, Catherine (29 January 2014). "Celebrity Big Brother final: Sam Faiers finishes in 5th place". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "BBC Two - Shooting Stars, Series 8, Episode 5". BBC Online. 25 May 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "BBC Three - The Real Hustle, Series 11: Celebrity Chancers, Episode 2". BBC Online. 31 July 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2014.