|Birth name||Samuel Alexander Garrett|
|Born||28 August 1990|
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Samuel Alexander Garrett (born 28 August 1990) is an English singer and songwriter. Sam Garrett released his debut EP Be Easy in 2013 followed by the second EP Namaste released in 2014. In 2016, Garrett released his two-part acoustic EP titled Grace. Sam Garrett has been creating and singing devotional songs. In 2017, Garrett released his first studio album, Grace.
Early life and musical career
Sam Garrett grew up around music, as his father would play records by bands such as Nirvana and Pearl Jam. At the age of 9, Garrett began learning how to play guitar and arranging some compositions. After a long period of learning the instrument, Garrett started to play in several friends' local rock bands. Garrett, at the age of 20, left those bands and started to write his own songs in solitude at the countrysides of England. During this period, Garrett started to showcase around the country and won at the UK festival "Live and Unsigned" in the "Acoustic" category. In 2011, Garrett was featured on UK rapper Sway's album The Deliverance, the first time the two collaborated. On 11 August 2012, Garrett performed his songs "Hope" and "Be Easy" on The Beat on BBC Radio 1.
In 2014, Garrett self-released his second EP titled Namaste after moving to a yoga retreat, Ashram in Glastonbury, in June 2013. On 28 April 2015, Sam was featured to play at the Mind Body Spirit London Festival. Later in 2016, Sam Garrett signed with Dcypha Productions to release his acoustic EP Grace, which he dedicated to the spiritual master Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharishi and Mooji. The same year, Garrett played at the Hebridean Celtic Festival.
Garrett began recording his debut full-length album after releasing his acoustic EP. The album production was finished in August. Garrett stated in a social media post that the album would feature a song never officially released, called "Butterfly". Sam later announced on his Facebook that the title of his album would be the same as his acoustic EP, Grace". The first single, "Shrines" was released on 3 October. The album was released on 24 November. In 2018 Garrett started producing his new album, releasing on 17 September the single "The Dance & the Wonder".
2019: The Dance & The Wonder
- Grace (2017)
- The Dance & the Wonder (2019)
- Foster, Leonard (21 September 2010). "Sam Garrett – Live & Unsigned – FLAVOURMAG". FLAVOURMAG.
- "BBC – Sunderland band We Beat The System beat the competition". BBC News. 23 July 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
[...]and acoustic award (Sam Garrett from Derbyshire) winners were announced[...]
- "Sam Garrett | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- beatvisuals (11 August 2012), Sam Garrett – Hope & Be Easy, retrieved 23 July 2017
- Foster, Leonard (22 October 2012). "Sam Garrett announces the release of his EP 'Be Easy' @samgarrettmusic – FLAVOURMAG". FLAVOURMAG. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Nambucca Live Presents Sam Garrett Plus Guests". FTB.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- "Mind Body Spirit London Festival – Free Stage". mindbodyspirit.co.uk. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Point Blank & New Reign Present: 'Snapshot' Remix Competition w/ Sway + Sam Garrett -". plus.pointblankmusicschool.com.
- "Artists : Hebridean Celtic Festival". hebceltfest.com.
- Butterfly, retrieved 11 August 2017
- "Facebook: Sam Garrett Music". Facebook. 10 August 2017.
- "'Shrines' single launch @ 42 Acres (CANCELLED)". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- ""Grace" by Sam Garrett on iTunes". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- The Dance & the Wonder - Single by Sam Garrett, 17 September 2018, retrieved 26 September 2018
- The Dance & the Wonder by Sam Garrett, retrieved 6 August 2019
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|