Sam Gibson (footballer)
|Full name||Sam Gibson|
|Date of birth||27 May 1986|
|Original team(s)||Box Hill Hawks (VFL)|
|Draft||No. 37, 2007 Rookie Draft, Hawthorn
No. 63, 2012 Rookie Draft, North Melbourne
|Height/Weight||185 cm / 83 kg|
|Current club||North Melbourne|
|2012–||North Melbourne||102 (44)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of Round 18, 2016.
Sam Gibson (born 27 May 1986) is a professional Australian rules footballer who plays the North Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was recruited by the club in the 2012 Rookie Draft, with pick #63. Gibson made his debut in Round 12, 2012, against Gold Coast at Carrara Stadium.
At the end of the 2012 season Gibson signed a two-year deal with North Melbourne and was promoted to the senior list.
So far in his 90-game career, he has had only had 3 matches with less than 10 disposals, all three coming when he started as the sub.
In Round 16, 2016 Gibson played his 100th consecutive game from debut, the eighth player to do so. 
Gibson was second at North for disposals and led the side in kicks, marks and uncontested disposals. He also increased his numbers from 2013 in disposals (21.6 to 24.6), tackles (2 to 3.5), rebound 50’s (1.3 to 2.9), inside 50’s (2.6 to 2.8) and clearances (1.7 to 2.1).
- Landsberger, Sam (13 June 2012). "Sam Gibson elevated to North Melbourne's senior list". Herald Sun. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "Gibson re-signs". 1 October 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Mangidis, Rick (12 November 2014). "2014 Review: Sam Gibson". North Melbourne Football Club. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Sam Gibson's profile on the official website of the North Melbourne Football Club
- Sam Gibson's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|