Jaeger at the Paleyfest 2013
Samuel Heath Jaeger
January 29, 1977
Perrysburg, Ohio, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, television actor|
Samuel Heath "Sam" Jaeger (born January 29, 1977) is an American actor and screenwriter.
Life and career
Jaeger was born in Perrysburg, Ohio, the son of LeAnne (née Graening) and Charles Jaeger. He is the youngest of four children. He graduated from Perrysburg High School in 1995 and in 1999, he received a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree at Otterbein College. Following his graduation, Jaeger worked in a casting office in New York. He married actress Amber Marie Mellott, whom he met at Otterbein College, on August 25, 2007. He has four children, August, born in 2010, Redford, born ca. 2014, Calvin, born June 26, 2016, and stepdaughter, Aubrey.
Jaeger started his acting career while still in college, with a small guest role in New York-based TV series Law & Order (1990). He also acted on several theater stages in New York before moving to Los Angeles and Hollywood to act in full-length movies. His career gained speed when he managed to get roles in well-known feature films as Traffic (2000) and Behind Enemy Lines (2001). After that he played a lead character against Bruce Willis and Colin Farrell in Hart's War (2002). In 2009, Jaeger landed the role of Joel Graham in NBC's television series Parenthood, which premiered in 2010. Additionally, he wrote, directed, and starred with his wife in the 2011 film Take Me Home.
|2000||The West Wing||Bill Kelley||Episode: "In This White House"|
|2001||Behind Enemy Lines||Red Crown Operator #1|
|2002||Hart's War||Capt. R.G. Sisk|
|2003||Scrubs||Steve Larkin||Episode: "My Philosophy"|
|2003||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Kevin the Bellman||Episode: "Lucky Strike"|
|2003||Advantage Hart||Colt Skyler||Short|
|2004||NYPD Blue||Kamal 'Tim Garrity' Muhammad||Episode: "Passing the Stone"|
|2004||Sexual Life||Jerry's Best Friend|
|2004||The Riverman||Dave Reichert||TV movie|
|2006||Lucky Number Slevin||Nick Fisher|
|2006||Commander in Chief||Vince's Partner||Episode: "Ties That Bind"|
|2006||Catch and Release||Dennis|
|2007||Breaking Down Carla||Max||Short|
|2008-2009||Eli Stone||Matt Dowd||26 episodes|
|2008||Henry Poole Is Here||Lance||Uncredited|
|2009||Friday Night Lights||Doug||Episode: "In the Skin of a Lion"|
|2010-2015||Parenthood||Joel Graham||99 episodes|
|2011||Take Me Home||Thom||also wrote and directed|
|2013||The Truth About Emanuel||Thomas|
|2014||Inherent Vice||Agent Flatweed|
|2014||American Sniper||Navy Seal Lt. Martin|
|2015||To Dust Return||John Reynolds||Short|
|2015||October Kiss||Ryan Larson (Male Lead)||Hallmark Channel Movie|
|2016||Brave New Jersey||Paul Davison|
|2017||When We Rise||Richard, Ken Jones's lover||ABC Television Miniseries|
|2017||S.W.A.T.: Under Siege||Travis Hall|
|2017||Law & Order: True Crime||Detective Les Zoeller||8 episodes|
|2018||The Handmaid’s Tale||Mark Tuello||Episode: "Smart Power"|
|2018||Reverie||Dr. Chris Condera||3 episodes|
- Thompson, Matt (May 20, 2013). "TV actor Sam Jaeger, a Perrysburg native, returns to hometown". Toledo Blade. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- "LaVada Graening Obituary - Toledo, OH | The Blade". Legacy.com. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- Milly, Jenna Milly (August 1, 2011). "Q&A: Parenthood Actor is a Triple Threat in Take Me Home". Script Mag. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Sam Jaeger - Sam I Am". C Magazine. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- "Amber Jaeger – Internet Movie Database". IMDb. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- MySA.com: Celebrations[permanent dead link]
- Schafer, Jenny (February 25, 2010). "Sam Jaeger & Wife Expecting Baby No. 1". Celebrity Baby Scoop. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- Adamick, Mike (May 17, 2010). "Q&A: Sam Jaeger from "Parenthood"". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- "Sam Jaeger – Internet Movie Database". IMDb. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "More stars join NBC's 'Parenthood'". HitFix. April 20, 2009. Retrieved November 29, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sam Jaeger.|