|No. 92 – Massachusetts Pirates|
|Born:||May 25, 1990|
Greenwood, South Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Greenwood (SC)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 95|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Sidney Sammual Montgomery (born May 25, 1990) is an American football defensive end for the Massachusetts Pirates in the National Arena League (NAL). He previously played in the Canadian Football League (CFL) and before that the National Football League (NFL), into which he was drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisiana State University, where he earned All-American recognition. In 2019, Montgomery will play on the roster of the Memphis Express of the Alliance of American Football (AAF).
Montgomery also ran track and field in addition to football. He was a member of the high school relay team. He ran a personal best time of 11.34 seconds in the 100 meters at the 2009 Regional 1 Class AAAA. He also competed in the shot put, he finished 4th with a throw of 14.20 meters.
While attending Louisiana State University, Montgomery played for coach Les Miles's LSU Tigers football team from 2010 to 2012. Following his sophomore season in 2011, he was named an All-American by the Football Writers Association of America, Pro Football Weekly, and Scout.com. He was also a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection in 2011 and 2012.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 3 in
|33 7⁄8 in
|9 1⁄4 in
|4.81 s||4.51 s||7.18 s||34 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 6 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Texans released Montgomery, along with two other players, on October 21 for unspecified violations of team rules prior to a game in Kansas City.
On January 23, 2015, Montgomery signed a reserve/future contract with the Bengals. On August 31, 2015, he was released by the Bengals.
Post-NFL Professional Career
After being released by the Bengals, Montgomery spent time on the rosters of both the Edmonton Eskimos and Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League (CFL) but did not participate in any regular season CFL games. In June 2018, Montgomery signed with the Massachusetts Pirates of the National Arena League (NAL), and made his regular season debut with the Pirates on July 7th of that same year. 
Montgomery was chosen for the first roster of the Memphis Express of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) , and will be part of the inaugural season of play for the league starting in February 2019 .
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-10. Retrieved 2016-08-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Sam Montgomery Recruiting Profile
- FoxSportsNext.com 2011 All-America Team Archived 2012-01-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- 2011 All-SEC Football Team Announced
- Ganguli, Tania (October 21, 2013). "Sources: Pot reason Texans cut 3". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Wilkening, Mike. "Bengals sign Sam Montgomery". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Harvey, Coley (August 31, 2015). "Receiver Denarius Moore among players released by Bengals". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 21, 2015.
- Doyle, Bill. "Arena football: Well-traveled defensive lineman Sam Montgomery fitting right in with Massachusetts Pirates". telegram.com. GateHouse Media. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "MEMPHIS EXPRESS ROSTER". Memphis Express Team Page. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Wilson, Ryan. "Spring league Alliance of American Football to launch in 2019 on CBS". CBS Sports. Retrieved 2 January 2019.