|Full name||Samuel Lameko Panapa|
Samuel Lameko Panapa is a New Zealand former professional rugby league footballer of the 1980s and 1990s. He represented three countries in his career: New Zealand, Tokelau and Samoa. Panapa played his club football in Auckland as well as England, where he won several titles with the champion Wigan side of the 1990s.
A Te Atatu Roosters junior in the Auckland Rugby League competitions, Panapa played club football in Britain for Wigan. He represented Tokelau at the 1986 Pacific Cup, and later for New Zealand. During the 1991–92 Rugby Football League season, Panapa played for defending champions Wigan at centre in their 1991 World Club Challenge victory against the visiting Penrith Panthers. During the 1992–93 Rugby Football League season Panapa played from the interchange bench for defending RFL champions Wigan in the 1992 World Club Challenge against the visiting Brisbane Broncos.
Sam Panapa played as an Interchange/Substitute, i.e. number 15, (replacing Loose forward/Lock Phil Clarke on 9-minutes) in Wigan's 15-8 victory over Bradford Northern in the 1992–93 Regal Trophy final during the 1992–93 season at Elland Road, Leeds on Saturday 23 January 1993, and played as an Interchange/Substitute, i.e. number 14, (replacing Second-row Neil Cowie on 30-minutes) in the 2-33 defeat by Castleford in the 1993–94 Regal Trophy final during the 1993–94 season at Elland Road, Leeds on Saturday 22 January 1994.
Sam joined Salford in 1994–95 Rugby Football League season and helped them attain Super League status following a Grand Final victory over Keighley Cougars at Old Trafford. Following that game Sam announced his retirement and returned to Auckland Warriors as Fitness Coach.
After the 1993–94 Rugby Football League season Panapa travelled with defending champions Wigan to Brisbane, playing at centre in their 1994 World Club Challenge victory over Australian premiers, the Brisbane Broncos.
- PANAPA, SAMUEL LAMEKO 1987, 1990 - 91 - KIWI #602 nzleague.co.nz
- 1986 Lion Red Rugby League Annual, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1986. p.101
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908-2008. Huia Publishers. pp. 224–226. ISBN 9781869693312.
- "23rd January 1993: Bradford 8 Wigan 15 (Regal Trophy Final)". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- Coffey, John and Bernie Wood Auckland, 100 years of rugby league, 1909-2009, 2009. ISBN 978-1-86969-366-4, p.p.349-357.