Sam Rayburn Tollway
|State Highway 121 Tollway|
|Length:||26 mi (42 km)|
|Existed:||2006 – present|
|Southwest end:||I-635 in Grapevine|
| I-35E / US 77 in Lewisville
Dallas North Tollway in Plano
|Northeast end:||US 75 / Spur 399 in McKinney|
The Sam Rayburn Tollway (formerly the State Highway 121 Tollway) is a tollway operated by the North Texas Tollway Authority that runs from Grapevine to McKinney. Its frontage road is State Highway 121.
The original portion of the toll road from Business 121 near Coppell to FM 2281 opened in May 2006, and toll collection started December 1 of that year. The tolled portion extended to Hillcrest Road in Plano/Frisco on August 31, 2008. The tollway was extended to Custer Rd. on September 1, 2009, and again to Hardin Blvd. in McKinney on October 1, 2009.
The tollway (formerly named 121 Tollway) was renamed in honor of Sam Rayburn at a North Texas Tollway Authority meeting on March 16, 2009.
The Sam Rayburn Tollway project was divided into five segments, all of which have been completed.
- Segment 1, from Denton Tap Road to Old Denton Road, opened to traffic in July 2006.
- Segment 2, which runs from Old Denton Road to Hillcrest Road, officially opened to traffic on Sept. 1, 2008, when NTTA took full responsibility for Segments 1 and 2 as well as the operation, maintenance and construction of the remaining segments of the SRT.
- NTTA contractors began work on Segment 3 of the SRT in March 2008 . On Sept. 1, 2009, the NTTA opened the main lanes from Hillcrest Road to just east of Custer Road. On Sept. 29, 2009, the NTTA opened the main lanes from just east of Custer Road to west of Hardin Boulevard.
- Segment 4 encompasses the Sam Rayburn Tollway/U.S. 75 interchange, from west of Hardin Boulevard to just east of U.S. 75. Construction on this portion of the corridor began in December 2008. Four major direct-connecting ramps were open to traffic in December 2010. The last two ramps were opened in March 2011.
- The Sam Rayburn Tollway/Dallas North Tollway interchange is referred to as Segment 5. The NTTA began construction on Segment 5 in February 2010. It was completed in 2012.
||This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions.|
SH 121 south / Bus. SH 121 north – D/FW Airport, Fort Worth
|Dallas||Coppell–Lewisville line||Denton Tap Road|
|I-35E / SH 121 south – Denton, Dallas||south end of SH 121 overlap; no direct access from SRT north to I-35E north (signed at MacArthur Boulevard); I-35E north exit 447A, south exit 448A|
|Carrollton||Marchant Boulevard / Huffines Boulevard|
|SH 121 north / Hebron Parkway||north end of SH 121 overlap|
|Lewisville||FM 544||no direct southbound exit (signed at FM 2281)|
|FM 2281 – Carrollton|
Bus. SH 121 south
|no direct northbound exit|
|Standridge Drive / Castle Hills Drive|
|FM 423 (Main Street) / Josey Lane|
|The Colony||Paige Road / Plano Parkway|
|Nebraska Furniture Mart Drive||northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|Spring Creek Parkway|
|Collin||Plano–Frisco line||Legacy Drive|
|Dallas Parkway||no separate southbound exit (signed at Parkwood Boulevard)|
|Dallas North Tollway|
|SH 289 (Preston Road) / Ohio Drive|
|Hillcrest Road / Rasor Boulevard / Ohio Drive|
|Coit Road||Access to Centennial Medical Center|
|FM 2478 (Custer Road)||no direct southbound exit (signed at Exchange Parkway / Craig Ranch Parkway)|
|Allen–McKinney line||Exchange Parkway / Craig Ranch Parkway|
|Alma Drive||no direct northbound exit (signed at Exchange Parkway / Craig Ranch Parkway)|
|Lake Forest Drive / Watters Road|
|Hardin Boulevard / Chelsea Boulevard|
|Frontage Road||northbound exit only|
|US 75 / SH 121 north to SH 5 (via Spur 399 east) / Medical Center Drive – Sherman, Dallas||US 75 exit 38C, access to Medical Center of McKinney|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- A YouTube video sponsored by the NTTA as the official tour (from Grapevine to McKinney)