Sam Richter is the creator and founder of the Know More sales and business improvement program and he delivers motivational keynote and workshop presentations on a variety of technology, sales, and marketing topics. He is most known for his breakthrough uses of search engines like Google combined with social media including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other Web-based resources as intelligence gathering and reputation management tools. As part of, and in addition to, his in-person programs, Richter teaches his innovative social selling and sales intelligence methodology via numerous online programs. In 2017, Richter was inducted into the Minnesota Speakers Hall of Fame  and in 2019, Top Sales World named Richter one of the top 50 Keynote Speakers. 
Richter is the author of the best-selling book Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling about Sales Intelligence and finding information online and using it for business and sales success. The book has been featured in internationally syndicated columns and best-selling books by Harvey Mackay, on CNN, in BusinessWeek, and in other publications. The book was named Sales Book of the Year, and it was also named a USA Book News Winner, and a Sales Book Awards Silver Medalist.
In addition to his speaking and writing, Richter created the Sales Intel Engine, a research tool that helps sales people identify new opportunities, create lead lists, and research prospects and clients prior to sales calls or meetings. In addition to the Standard Edition, Richter customizes his Sales Intel Engine for company's and industries, with one of the more popular Engines being the Intel Engine for Professional Speakers. Richter partnered with Mark Hunter - The Sales Hunter - to create the High Profit Sales Coaching Program featuring twice-monthly online coaching calls, a how-to video library on sales intelligence and other aspects of successful selling, downloadable scripts, Guidebooks, eBooks, and more. He also created YouGotTheNews, one of the world's largest newspaper search engines, and a number of other search tools and resources that support and enable sales intelligence.
Inside View has multiple times named Richter as one of the Top 25 Most Influential People in Sales and in September 2011, as Sales Insider of the Month. He serves on the Boards of Directors for Brandpoint, a leading content marketing services and software company, and Argos Risk, a business financial risk insight firm. Sam also serves on the Board of Directors for Mental Health Navigators, a national non-profit online community support and resource group helping parents of children experiencing mental health issues, where Sam built the nationally renowned Mental Health Resource Search Engine.
Richter received his CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation in 2014 from the National Speakers Association. Only the top 10 percent of the world's speakers earn this credential. Richter holds an advanced degree Certification in Executive Leadership from the University of St. Thomas and Boards of Director Certification from the University of St. Mary's/Caux Roundtable. He graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in journalism. He was a two-time Scholastic All-American while also a four-year player and letter winner on the University of Minnesota varsity football team.
As an advertising writer and creative director, Richter worked at numerous Twin Cities advertising agencies and eventually started his own firm which was later bought by a larger agency. Richter then spent a number of years as a Group Director at Weber Shandwick, one of the world's largest public relations firms. At Shandwick, Richter managed national marketing programs for Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Northwest Airlines (now Delta airlines), Polaris, and other large and small companies. Following Shandwick, Richter worked at Digital River where he helped develop and market a Codie award winning software download program called eBot, and where he helped build the company's e-marketing agency serving clients including National Geographic, Major League Baseball, Nabisco, Brunswick, and other national brands. Richter's marketing work has been recognized with numerous awards including Webby awards, Telly Awards, Public Relations Society of America awards, a Gold Award at the International Film Festival, and numerous other marketing/advertising awards.
Following Digital River, for seven years, Richter was president of the James J. Hill Reference Library in St. Paul, Minnesota. Under Richter's direction, the Library developed numerous online programs and expanded its reach to serve an international audience.
Richter is a graduate of St. Louis Park High School in Minnesota. He is a judge of the Minnesota Cup Business Plan Competition. Richter was also an invited dignitary on the Minnesota Governor's trade mission to China. He was honored by the Business Journal as a top business leader under the age of 40 and he is a past finalist for Inc. Magazine Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Sam Richter Keynote and Sales Programs
- "Sam Richter Inducted into Minnesota Speakers Hall of Fame". National Speakers Association. 2017.
- "Sam Richter Named One of Top 50 Keynote Speakers". Top Sales World. 2019.
- Minneapolis Star Tribune, Harvey Mackay Archived 2009-01-23 at the Wayback Machine 2008-09-28
- CNN/Money 2008-08-26
- BusinessWeek 2008-07-18
- Take the Cold Press Room
- "Sales Book of the Year". Archived from the original on 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- USA Book News Best Book Awards Archived 2009-02-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Sales Book of the Year Awards Archived 2009-02-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Business / Sales Intel Engine
- Intel Engine for Professional Speakers
- High Profit Sales Coaching program
- "#1 Rated Keynote Speaker | Sales | Digital Reputation". #1 Rated Keynote Speaker | Sales | Digital Reputation. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- 2013 Top 25 Most Influential People in Sales Award
- 2012 Top 25 Most Influential People in Sales Award
- 2011 Top 25 Most Influential People in Sales Award
- Insider of the Month
- Argos Risk Archived 2013-06-18 at the Wayback Machine
- CSP Designation Archived 2012-01-23 at the Wayback Machine
- U of M Alumni Article 2008-05/06
- Microsoft Press 1998-02-26
- Digital River Press 1999-11-11
- U of M Journalism Alumni Magazine Winter 2002
- StarTribune Article Archived 2009-10-23 at the Wayback Machine 2007-08-12
- Minnesota Cup Review Board Archived 2013-04-14 at Archive.today
- Minnesota Trade Delegation to China[permanent dead link]
- Business Journal 40 Under 40 Honorees 2003-05-16
- Business Journal Article on Inc. Finalists 2007-12-26