February 5, 1969
Samantha Ryan (born February 5, 1969) is an American sportscaster who is a sports anchor for WABC-TV New York's Eyewitness News' weekend evening broadcasts.
Early life and education
Early in her career, Ryan worked for WBAB Babylon, New York, WVIT Hartford, and WFAN New York. She joined ABC Radio Network in 1996 and then Fox Sports New York in 2000. She started her first stint at WABC-TV ABC in September 2002.
Ryan joined ESPN in 2003, and CBS Sports and WCBS-TV in June 2006. She joined MLB Network as a studio host and reporter in September 2011 and appeared regularly on MLB Network's game productions, The Rundown, Quick Pitch, and other studio programming. She gave on-air reports from the field in the League Championship Series between the Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers in 2017 on MLB Network and TBS. Ryan was with MLB Network until June 2018 when she returned to WABC.
- Barmash, Jerry. "WCBS-TV's Sam Ryan Balances Work And Family," New York SportsBeat, Thursday, May 27, 2010.
- "On-Air Personalities - MLB Network". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Sam Ryan". American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-06-23. Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- "Sam Ryan - Sideline reporter". ESPN. 2005-11-25. Archived from the original on 2005-11-25. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- "Sam Ryan". CBS Broadcasting Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-02-18. Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- Consoli, John (2006-06-08). "ESPN's Ryan Joins CBS Sports". Mediaweek. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-01-04. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- Huff, Richard. "CBS Ch. 2 sports anchor Sam Ryan will finally leave for hosting, reporting gig on MLB Network," Daily News (New York City), Tuesday, August 23, 2011.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|