Sam Skinner (rugby union)
|Birth name||Samuel George Skinner|
|Date of birth||31 January 1995|
|Place of birth||Exeter, England|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight||113 kg (249 lb; 17 st 11 lb)|
|School||Torquay Boys' Grammar School|
|University||University of Exeter|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union career
He joined the Exeter Chiefs during the 2014/15 season. On 14 November 2014, Skinner made his first-team debut in the LV Cup against Gloucester Rugby before making his Premiership debut against Northampton Saints.
He scored his first top try for the Chiefs in a 36-14 home win over Newcastle Falcons in February 2017 before starting his first game against Wasps RFC in September 2017. His debut was called the ‘performance of the weekend’ in The Daily Telegraph.
In May 2018, Skinner was a second-half replacement for Mitch Lees as Exeter lost to Saracens in the Premiership Grand Final at Twickenham Stadium. Described as one of Exeter's ‘standout players this season’.
In June 2015, Skinner scored a try for the England Under-20 team against Wales in the pool stage of the 2015 World Rugby Under 20 Championship. Skinner came off the bench for the last five minutes in the final as England finished runners up to New Zealand.
In October 2018 he was called up to the senior Scotland squad for the Autumn Internationals. On 10 November 2018 he was given his Scotland international debut, starting at lock against Fiji at Murrayfield Stadium. Skinner received the Man of the Match award; making 7 tackles and 44 metres in the game.
Outside of rugby
- "Scotland (Sam Skinner) - Scottish Rugby Union". www.scottishrugby.org.
- "Exeter Chiefs Player List". exeterchiefs.co.uk. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Sam Skinner on his 'surreal' first Premiership start for Exeter Chiefs". Devon Live. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Sam Skinner | Aviva Premiership team of the weekend: Who shone in round four? - Rugby Union". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "Chiefs 10 Saracens 27". exeterchiefs.co.uk. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- "2015 World U20 Championship: Wales U20 16-30 England U20". BBC Sport. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- "Final heartache for young Chiefs". exeterchiefs.co.uk. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- "Scotland: Blade Thomson, Sam Skinner and Sam Johnson in Autumn Tests squad". BBC Sport. 17 October 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Sam Skinner: 'I've grown up supporting Scotland and England". 10 November 2018.
- "Scottish Rugby on Twitter".
- "Exeter Chiefs' homegrown stars aiming to topple big-spending Montpellier". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
|This rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|