Sam Taylor (Australian footballer)
|Date of birth||5 May 1999|
|Original team(s)||Swan Districts (WAFL)|
|Draft||28, 2017 national draft|
Round 11, 2018, Greater Western Sydney|
vs. Adelaide, at Adelaide Oval
|Height||196 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2018–||Greater Western Sydney||29 (1)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of round PF 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Sam Taylor (born 5 May 1999) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League (AFL). He is a tall defender. Taylor made his debut in round 11 of the 2018 season against the Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval.
Originally from Bullsbrook, Western Australia, Taylor's parents are Susan and Graham. He is the third of the family's seven children and was educated at Guildford Grammar School. He played at colts level for Swan Districts in the West Australian Football League (WAFL) in 2016 and the first half of 2017 before transitioning to league level. He is a graduate of the AFL Academy and played in the AFL Under 18 Championships for Western Australia, receiving All-Australian honours. He was drafted by the GWS Giants with pick 28 in the 2017 national draft.
- "Sam Taylor". gwsgiants.com.au. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Adelaide Crows Vs GWS Giants - Match Centre". afl.com.au. 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Lacy, Bridget (17 November 2017). "The country kid who will turn into a 'monster'". The West Australian. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Sam Taylor Settling Into AFL Life With GWS Giants". Swan Districts Football Club. 8 December 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- "Pick 28: Sam Taylor". gwsgiants.com.au. 24 November 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2018.