Sam Weller (journalist)
|Born||January 31, 1967
Lake Forest, Illinois
|Occupation||Author, journalist, professor, lecturer|
|Genre||Biography, journalism, essays, fiction, arts criticism|
Sam Weller (born January 31, 1967) is an American journalist and author, best known for being writer Ray Bradbury's authorized biographer. Weller's 2005 book, The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury (HarperCollins) is a full-biography while his 2010 Listen to the Echoes, The Ray Bradbury Interviews (Melville House Publishing) is a collection of interviews, photos, mementos, and artifacts. Weller's 2014 Ray Bradbury: The Last Interview: And Other Conversations (Melville House Publishing) features his last interview with Bradbury, and recounts Bradbury's influences, creative processes, and love for writing and reading.
Weller was born in Lake Forest, Illinois. His The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury was a Los Angeles Times best-seller, winner of the 2005 Society of Midland Authors Award for Best Biography, and a Bram Stoker Award finalist. The companion book, Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews, was published by Melville House/Stop Smiling Books in 2010. With Mort Castle, Weller co-edited the anthology Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury (William Morrow Paperbacks, July 2012), winner of the 2013 Bram Stoker Award for “Superior Achievement in an Anthology.” In 2014, Weller edited Ray Bradbury: The Last Interview (Melville House) featuring his final, intimate conversations with the legendary writer. Also in 2014, IDW Comics released a five-issue Shadow Show comic book series curated and largely scripted by Weller and Mort Castle.
Weller is the former Midwest Correspondent for Publishers Weekly magazine. He has written for The Paris Review, All things Considered, Slate Magazine, Huffington Post and the National Public Radio. Weller's short fiction has appeared in numerous books, literary journals and magazines, including the Chicago Reader, Printers Row Journal and Rosebud. His pop-cultural essays have appeared in Post Road, Annalemma, and F, among many other publications. Weller is currently the Associate Chair and an associate professor in the Department of Creative Writing at Columbia College, Chicago.
- Secret Chicago: The Unique guidebook to Chicago's Hidden Sites, Sounds & Tastes (2000)
- The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury (2005)
- Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews (2010)
- Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury (2012, editor with Mort Castle)
- "Roadside Cross" (Short Story, 2014)
- Ray Bradbury: The Last Interview: And Other Conversations (2014)
- "Shadow Show Comic #3" (2015)
- "Shadow Show Comic #4" (2015)
- "Shadow Show Comic #5" (2015)
- 2005 Interview with Bookslut
- 2010 Interview with The Paris Review
- 2014 Interview with Carl Alves
- 2014 Interview in ChicagoNow
- 2015 Interview with Melville House
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chicago-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|