- The 200 m flying start (single rider, World Human Powered Speed Challenge, Battle Mountain, NV): 133.284 km/h (82.819 mph) on 2009-09-18.
- First unpaced cyclist ever to break the deci-mach mark (1/10 the speed of sound, World Human Powered Speed Challenge, Battle Mountain, NV): 132.50 km/h (82.33 mph) on 2008-09-18. To date, only one other person (Sebastiaan Bowier) has accomplished this milestone.
- The 1000 m flying start (single rider): 128.40 km/h (79.79 mph) on 2001-10-06.
- The 1 mile flying start (single rider): 126.55 km/h (78.64 mph) on 2001-10-06.
- The hour record: 90.724 km (56.373 mi) on 2009-07-17.
In 1993 he also held the record for the 200 m flying start (multiple rider).
Sam Whittingham is founder, designer and builder for Naked Bicycles, a custom bicycle and accessory fabrication company based on Quadra Island, British Columbia, Canada. The company was originally named Forte bicycles before a name change in April 2006.
Whittingham won the President's Award, the People's Choice Award and the Best of Show Award at the 2008 North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Portland, Oregon with an ornate fixed-gear bicycle that blended 1890s-style wooden rims and grips with modern hubs and a front disk brake. This bike was then sold to Lance Armstrong.
He currently resides on Quadra Island, British Columbia, Canada with his family of four. One of whom attends the University of Victoria.
- Naked Custom Bicycles, founded by Sam Whittingham
- Fastest Bicycles: Top Speed and One Hour
- World Human Powered Speed Challenge 2010 Battle Mountain Performances List – updated frequently
- Varna Cycles, manufacturer of world record setting vehicle
|This biographical article relating to Canadian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|