|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Amol Palekar|
|Written by||Sandhya Gokhale|
|Music by||Anand Modak|
|Edited by||Abhijit Deshpande|
Reliance Big Pictures
|Distributed by||Reliance Big Pictures|
Samaantar (Parallel) is a 2009 Marathi film directed by Amol Palekar and starring Palekar himself and Sharmila Tagore in the lead roles. This is Sharmila's first Marathi film. Director Amol Palekar's previous film in the dual role of actor-director was Ankahee (1985).
Keshav Vaze (Amol Palekar) is an eminent businessman who has grown into an industrialist struggling through his life, rising from a small village. He is separated from his college sweetheart Shama (Sharmila Tagore) due to an earthquake in which he loses his family & is left to take care of several young siblings, cousins. Shama is bearing a child of Keshav & goes into a state of shock and dismay when he does not return for months at end. When Keshav returns he does not find Shama where he left her and assumes she is dead after a few years. At his 60th birthday, a glimpse of Shama strikes him of how he and his yesteryear soulmate have walked on different and parallel ways.
- Amol Palekar as Keshav Vaze
- Sharmila Tagore as Shama Vaze
- Radhika Apte as Reva (Keshav's adopted daughter)
- Sameer Dharmadhikari as Keshav's biological son
- Aishwarya Narkar
- Kishor Kadam
- Rishi Deshpande
- Sandeep Mehta
- Makrand Deshpande
- Vandana Gupte
- "A challenging role". The Hindu. 27 August 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Amol won't play Salman's dad!". Mumbai Mirror. The Times of India. 28 August 2009. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Indian cinema not just about Bollywood: Amol Palekar". ZEE News. 5 September 2009. Retrieved 6 February 2012.[dead link]
|This article about a Marathi film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|