A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|SB Online news agency|
|Successor||Dr. Shailendra Singh|
|Founded||13 January 1967|
Samachar Bharti (SB) is a news agency based in India. It is headquartered in Bhopal and is a nonprofit cooperative among more than 500 Indian newspaper.Its main focus is the production of independent news and analysis about events and processes affecting economic, social and political development.
Samachar bharti began its operation in 1967 supported by the governments of Bihar, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Karnataka which held almost fifty per cent of its shares. Jayaprakash Narayan was its first Chairman. In 1973, it started an annual reference manual in Hindi called "Desh Aur Duniya". It also had a feature service "Bharati". On 26 July 1975, during the emergency period, the government of India took a decision to merge Samachar Bharti with Press Trust of India, United News of India and Hindustan Samachar to form a single nationalised news agency of India. The employees' unions of the four agencies passed the resolutions accepting the idea of forming a single news entity. Finally in February 1976, Samachar Bharti was merged along with other three agencies to form a nationalised news agency, Samachar.
Samachar Bharti News Agency
Samachar Bharti service supplies news, sport, entertainment and images stories, delivered in multi-format for various print and digital platforms. Its current editor is Shailendra Singh. who was appointed in January 2013.
Samachar Bharti provides a stream of content on wires, delivers packages for use online, or designs and delivers ready-to-publish pages for use in print. This media content now includes video and interactive graphics. Samachar bharti also going to start photo news services.
- News reporters file stories every day, from breaking news to show business and human interest stories.
- In sport,Samachar Bharti reports on the major events around the world including cricket,tennis, golf, rugby, horseracing and key football tournaments.
- Samachar Bharti's entertainment journalists gather celebrity coverage, star interviews and independent reviews.
- United Press of India
- United News of India
- Press Trust of India
- Hindustan Samachar
- Samachar Bharati TV
- Mehta, D. S. (1979). Mass Communication and Journalism in India. Allied Publishers. ISBN 9788170233534.
- Shrivastava, K. M. (2007). News Agencies from Pigeon to Internet. Sterling Publishers Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 9781932705676.
- Aggarwal, S. K. (1989). Media Credibility. Mittal Publications. ISBN 9788170991571.
- Kumar, Keval J. (2000). Mass Communication in India. Jaico Publishing House. ISBN 9788172243739.
- Kanung, Chitra (2001). Freedom Under Assault. A.P.H. Publishing Corporation. p. 114. ISBN 9788176482264.
- Jones, Derek (Editor) (2015). Censorship: A World Encyclopedia. Routledge. ISBN 9781136798634.
- Sharma, Diwakar (2004). Mass Communication: Theory and Practice in the 21st Century. Deep and Deep Publications. ISBN 9788176295079.
- J Kumar, Kewal. Mass Communication in india.
|This article about mass media in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|