|• Total||14.88 km2 (5.75 sq mi)|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||3,800/km2 (9,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 05|
Samarlakota is located at  It has an average elevation of 9 meters (32 feet)..
The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Samalkota bus station. Samarlakota railway station is an important railway junction on the Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line. The railway line to Kakinada branches at this railway junction.One more advantage is Bus Station and Railway Station are situated opposite to each other.The nearest airport, at 64 km (40 mi), is in Rajahmundry, and the nearest international airport, 161 km (100 mi), is Visakhapatnam (Vizag).
Samalkot is a Municipality city in district of East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh. The Samalkot city is divided into 18 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Samalkot Municipality has population of 56,864 of which 28,115 are males while 28,749 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 5793 which is 10.19% of total population of Samalkot (M). In Samalkot Municipality, Female Sex Ratio is of 1023 against state average of 993. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Samalkot is around 948 compared to Andhra Pradesh state average of 939. Literacy rate of Samalkot city is 74.58% higher than state average of 67.02%. In Samalkot, Male literacy is around 78.77% while female literacy rate is 70.51%.
Samalkot Municipality has total administration over 16,044 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorized to build roads within Municipality limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
Temples/Churches/mosque: Sri Chalukya Kumararama Sri Bhimeswaraswamy vari temple, prasanna anjaneya swamy temple,Peddapuram Road, Ganapathi Temple, Mehar complex, muthyalamma thalli temple, kakinada Road, Sai Baba Temple, station centre, are famous temples in Samalkot. Centenary Baptist Church, Augustana Lutheran church & Andhra Baptist Churches are famous churches in Samalkot.
The first boarding school was established in 1882 by the Canadian Baptist Mission known as the C. B. M. Boys' School. Notable among those who were associated includes A. B. Masilamani and also his Teacher Chetty Bhanumurthy.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Constitution of Godavari Urban Development Authority with headquarters at Godavari" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Samulcottah - Indpaedia". www.indpaedia.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Falling Rain Genomics. Samarlakota
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Baptist Missionary Review, Volume 26, 1922, p.468. 
- Sivasankaranarayana, M. V. Rajagopal, N. Ramesan (Compiled), Andhra Pradesh District Gazetteers: East Godavari, Printed by Director of Printing and Stationery at the Government Secretariat Press, Hyderabad, 1979, p.429. 
- Indian Church History Review, Volume 13, 1979, p.70. 
- R. R. Sundara Rao, Bhakti Theology in the Telugu Hymnal, CISRS, Bangalore, 1993, pp.48, 56, 57. 
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.