|Born||4 September 1976|
|Education||Kincoppal - Rosebay School, Sydney
Charles Sturt University, Bathurst
|Occupation||Journalist & News Presenter|
|Notable credit(s)||Seven 4.30 News presenter
Weekend Sunrise co-host (2007-2013)
Sunrise co-host (2013-2016
Samantha Armytage (born 4 September 1976) is an Australian journalist and television news presenter.
Armytage is currently co-host of Sunrise alongside David Koch and she has previously co-hosted Weekend Sunrise and presented Seven 4.30 News. In June 2013, Armytage was announced as the replacement for Sunrise co-host Melissa Doyle.
Early and personal life
Armytage grew up on Bolaro Station in the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales. She went to school in Sydney and then Charles Sturt University in Bathurst, New South Wales. Armytage has a younger sister, Georgina, and a younger brother, Charles. Her interests include golf, tennis, snow skiing and horse racing.
She began her media career at WIN Television in Canberra in 1999, as a news reporter and presenter in Canberra. Following this she joined Sky News Australia in 2002 where she was chief political reporter. In April 2003, Samantha joined the Seven Network after being noticed by the network executives while covering the 2003 Canberra Bushfires.
In December 2004, she landed her first major presenting role, filling-in as presenter on Seven News Sydney over the Summer non-ratings period. Following the non-ratings period she had stints presenting the national Seven Morning News bulletin, the national late news updates, and filling in as presenter of Seven News Sydney.
In 2005 and 2006, Armytage was the regular fill-in presenter for Chris Bath as the Friday & Weekend presenter on Seven News Sydney. When Ian Ross went on holidays in late June to early July 2006, she presented the weekend edition of Seven News. This was also the case over summer 2006. In October 2006, Armytage replaced Mike Amor as presenter of Seven 4.30 News. She had replaced Rebecca Maddern as presenter when the network moved production from Melbourne to Sydney.
In February 2016, a Sex and The City themed skit on Sunrise with actress Kristen Davis backfired on Armytage. Davis had appeared on the show to discuss her work with the UNHCR, but later on Twitter expressed her annoyance that Sunrise focused on her role in Sex and The City. After the incident, Armytage, who was meant to MC and conduct a Q & A with Davis at a UN event in Sydney, was asked not to host or attend the event.
- "Samantha Armytage gets candid about dating, haters and turning 40".
- Queensland viewers warm to new Sunrise team of David Koch and Samantha Armytage by Geoff Shearer (The Courier-Mail, 11 July 2013)
- Samantha Armytage - Weekend Sunrise co-host (Seven Network, retrieved 25 July 2013)
- "Armytage axed from hosting gig". NewsComAu. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- "Samantha Armytage replaced as host of UNHCR lunch with Kristin Davis". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- Funny side of life for popular TV host, smh.com.au
- Russell Crowe and Samantha Armytage flirt their way through Channel 7 set, dailytelegraph.com.au
- Lessons of television breakfast chemistry, news.com.au
- "Fitzy and Wippa's 'naked prank' on Sunrise host Samantha Armytage slammed as 'offensive'", couriermail.com.au
- "7 News Presenter profile". Archived from the original on 2 December 2011.
- Weekend Sunrise profile
- Seven News website
- Sunrise website
- Samantha Armytage at the Internet Movie Database
Co-host with David Koch
August 2013 – present
Co-host with Andrew O'Keefe
24 June 2007 – 11 August 2013
|Seven 4.30 News
Monday - Wednesday Presenter
October 2006 – December 2012