Samantha Harris (model)
Harris at the Ivy Ballroom in Sydney, November 2012
20 July 1990 |
Tweed Heads, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
Born in Tweed Heads, New South Wales, Harris grew up in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales. Her mother is an Indigenous Australian member of the Stolen Generations, originally of the Dunghutti tribe, and her father is of German-English descent. She attended Tweed River High School. She currently lives in Sydney.
Harris featured prominently during Australian Fashion Week 2010 where she appeared in a record number of shows. She also appeared in a photoshoot for the label Miu Miu in the March 2010 edition of Australian Vogue, and featured on the June 2010 cover of the same magazine. At age 11, she won the "Girlfriend Covergirl" competition, stating that a modeling career at a young age is not a problem and that she is of the opinion that it is fine if they have good management and they are considerate of how young the girl is
In January 2011, Harris was named a "young women's fashion ambassador" for Australian department store, David Jones. Along with Miranda Kerr and Megan Gale, Harris was part of the store's television and print campaign for the Spring/Summer 2011/12 season.
- Date with Kate - Samantha Harris smh.com.au, 26 September 2010
- Aboriginal model in Vogue mydailynews.com.au, 30 April 2010
- Covered in glory, that's Super Sam Harris goldcoast.com.au, 4 May 2010
- Aboriginal model a stir at Fashion Week Sydney Morning Herald, 3 May 2010
- Sam models at Sydney Fashion Week mydailynews.com.au, 4 May 2010
- "It's 20 years of fabulous faces as star teen hunt comes of age", , SMH, 9 Oct 2015
- Covergirl Samantha Harris says 13 is not too young to model, , Courier Mail, 9 Oct 2015
- David Jones gives Samantha a leg-up Courier Mail, 16 January 2011
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Australian Models , 9 Oct 2015
- Moran, Jonathon (17 June 2015). "Model Samantha Harris the latest celebrity contestant announced for Dancing With The Stars". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 18 June 2015.