America's Next Top Model (cycle 11)
|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 11)|
Cycle 11 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||The CW|
September 3– November 19, 2008
|No. of contestants||14|
The prizes for this cycle were:
- A modeling contract with Elite Model Management.
- A fashion spread and cover in Seventeen.
- A US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics.
Approximately the first half of the competition took place in Los Angeles, moving the show back from New York City where it was held last season. The international destination for the final episodes of the cycle was Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The promotional song was "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls.
- 1 Season summary
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Episodes
- 3.1 The Notorious Fierce Fourteen
- 3.2 Top Model Inauguration
- 3.3 The Ladder of Model Success
- 3.4 You’re Beautiful, Now Change
- 3.5 Fierce Eyes
- 3.6 Natural Beauty
- 3.7 The Fiercee Awards
- 3.8 Top Model 11 Confidential
- 3.9 Now You See Me, Now You Don't
- 3.10 Planes, Trains and Slow Automobiles
- 3.11 The Final Five
- 3.12 Good Times and Windmills
- 3.13 America’s Next Top Model Is...
- 4 Summaries
- 5 Post-Top Model careers
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Starting from this cycle, the contestant called first in judging every week would have her picture (or commercial) displayed as digital art in the models' house for the rest of the week. The CoverGirl of the Week contest was replaced by a new segment called Top Models in Action, focusing on former alums post-show careers.
The show featured fourteen contestants, similar to cycles 3, 4 and 10. The winner of this cycle, similar to the past four cycles, won management and representation by Elite Model Management, a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics (including a billboard in Time Square and ads in Walmart), and the cover and six-page fashion spread in Seventeen. This season averaged 4.43 million viewers.
This cycle included a first for the series – having a transgender contestant named Isis King participate and qualify for the final fourteen. The inclusion has been noted as an "unprecedented opportunity" by Neil Giuliano, president of GLAAD, a national LGBT media advocacy group.
(ages stated are at start of contest)
|Sharaun Brown||18||Chicago, Illinois||Episode 2||14|
|Nikeysha Clarke||19||Bronx, New York||Episode 3||13|
|Brittany Rubalcaba||19||Henderson, Nevada||Episode 4||12|
|Hannah White||18||Fairbanks, Alaska||Episode 5||11|
|Isis King||22||Prince George's County, Maryland||10|
|Clark Gilmer||19||Pawleys Island, South Carolina||Episode 6||9|
|Lauren Brie Harding||20||Charlottesville, Virginia||Episode 7||8|
|Joslyn Pennywell||23||Lucky, Louisiana||Episode 9||7|
|Sheena Sakai||21||Harlem, New York||Episode 10||6|
|Elina Ivanova||18||Seattle, Washington||Episode 11||5|
|Marjorie Conrad||19||San Francisco, California||Episode 12||4|
|Analeigh Tipton||19||Sacramento, California||Episode 13||3|
|Samantha Potter||18||Woodland Hills, California||2|
|McKey Sullivan||19||Lake Forest, Illinois||1|
The Notorious Fierce Fourteen
First aired September 3, 2008
Top Model Inauguration
First aired September 3, 2008
- Featured photographer: Mike Rosenthal
- Special guests: Ed Alonzo, Christian Marc, Sutan
- Top Model in Action: Toccara Jones (cycle 3)
The Ladder of Model Success
First aired September 10, 2008
- Featured photographer: Mike Ruiz
- Special guests: Benny Ninja, Tarina Tarantino, Bree Robertson
- Top Model in Action: Shannon Stewart (cycle 1)
You’re Beautiful, Now Change
First aired September 17, 2008
- Featured photographer: Russell James
- Special guests: Susan Holmes, Neil Weisberg, Amanda George, Kiyah Wright, Cristen Chin Barker
- Top Model in Action: Lisa Jackson (Cycle 9)
First aired September 24, 2008
- Featured photographer: Nigel Barker
- Special guests: Jeremy Scott, Ann Shoket, Kira Plastinina
- Top Model in Action: Chantal Jones (cycle 9)
First aired October 1, 2008
- Featured photographer: Brian Edwards
- Special guest: Paulina Porizkova
- Top Model in Action: Eugena Washington (Cycle 7)
The Fiercee Awards
First aired October 8, 2008
- Featured photographer: Mike Rosenthal
- Special guests: Jim De Yonker, Kiyah Wright, Ann Mangini
- Top Model in Action: Danielle Evans (cycle 6)
Top Model 11 Confidential
First aired October 15, 2008
Now You See Me, Now You Don't
First aired October 22, 2008
- Featured commercial director: Frank Ockenfels
- Special guests: Whitney Thompson, James St. James, Nony Tochterman, Ann Shoket, Ron Harris, Richard Harris, Aswirl Twins, Elyssa Traub
- Top Model in Action: Jaslene Gonzalez (cycle 8)
Planes, Trains and Slow Automobiles
First aired October 29, 2008
- Featured photographer: Andy Tan
- Special guests: Daphne Deckers, Jan Taminiau, Carlo Wijnands, Edwin Oudshoorn, Bas Kosters, Mariette Hoiting
- Top Model in Action: Katarzyna Dolinska (cycle 10)
The Final Five
First aired November 5, 2008
- Featured photographer: Tyra Banks
- Special guests: Frederick Koster, Pearl Macnack, Marlies Dekkers, Monique Collignon, Hans Ubbink, Mart Visser
- Top Model in Action: Mollie Sue Steenis-Gondi (cycle 6)
Good Times and Windmills
First aired November 12, 2008
- Featured photographer: Barrie Hullegie
- Special guests: Richard Gorodecky, Mark Vanderloo, JM Van Tilburg, Ann Shoket
- Top Model in Action: Kim Stolz (cycle 5)
America’s Next Top Model Is...
First aired November 19, 2008
- Featured photographer: Jim de Yonker, Nigel Barker
- Featured commercial directors: Jay Manuel, Elyssa Traub
- Special guests: Whitney Thompson, Ananda Marchildon, Addy van den Krommenacker, Ann Shoket
- Top Model in Action: Anya Kop (cycle 10)
|11||Lauren Brie||Lauren Brie||Analeigh||Analeigh||Hannah|
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated outside of the judging panel
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 1, the group of 33 semi-finalists was reduced to 14.
- In episode 5, Hannah was eliminated outside of panel after being deemed the worst performer in a runway challenge.
- Episode 8 was the recap episode.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Wearing blue metallic catsuit (casting)
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Voter promotion campaign
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Hanging on a rope ladder from a hot air balloon
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Swimsuits in Malibu shot by Russell James
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Fierce eyes above water
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Mod style embodying natural disasters
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Red carpet and award show scenarios
- Episode 9 commercial: CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Blast collection eyeshadow
- Episode 10 photo shoot: 17th Century pirates on a Dutch clipper ship
- Episode 11 photo shoots: (2 Shots) Simplistic; Dramatic B&W shots in a warehouse
- Episode 12 photo shoot: Windmill couture
- Episode 13 photo shoots & Commercial: CoverGirl WetSlicks Amaze Mint Lipgloss print ad & commercial; Seventeen Magazine covers
- Analeigh – Long blonde hair
- Brittany – Curly black extensions
- Clark – Dyed dark brown
- Elina – Fiery red curly weave
- Hannah – Bob cut with bangs
- Isis – Wavy brown extensions
- Joslyn – Big curly weave
- Lauren Brie – Dyed platinum blonde
- Marjorie – Dyed brown
- McKey – Black pixie cut
- Samantha – Cut short and dyed ice blonde
- Sheena – Brown highlights
Post-Top Model careers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Sharaun Brown signed with Elite Model Management in Chicago and LA.
- Nikeysha Clarke is[when?] still searching for an agency.
- Marjorie Conrad signed with Look Model Agency in San Francisco and was featured in the American Apparel Daily Update and opened a Marciano Fashion Show. In April 2014, she was working on her directorial debut "Chemical Cut" and launched a funding campaign on the website Kickstarter.
- Clark Gilmer competed for Miss South Carolina USA earning her a spot in the top 10. She is a full-time professional model living in Los Angeles with boyfriend Kenny Florian. She appears on Enrique Iglesias music video "Tonight (I'm Fuckin' You)" and Taylor Swift music video "Mean. She has appeared in Bravo's The Millionaire Matchmaker as a date for one of the millionaire bachelors." She also made two appearances on the hit TV show How I Met Your Mother, one in 2010 and the other one in 2011 as Barney Stinson's date.
- Lauren Brie signed with Major Model in New York, MGMT First in New York, Muse Management in New York, L.A. Models, Nova Models in New Zealand and signed with Priscilla’s Model Management in Sydney, Australia under the name "Brie."
- Elina Ivanova has signed with TCM Models & Talent in Seattle and Vision Models in Los Angeles since 2013 and then signed with Elite Model Management in LA .
- Isis King successfully underwentgender reassignment surgery and is now an anatomical female; she had done test shots which were featured in The Tyra Banks Show together with her surgery. She also appeared on America's Next Top Model, Cycle 17, the first all-star edition of the show. In 2012, she became American Apparel's first openly transgender model.
- Joslyn Pennywell has done some test shoots and now lives in Los Angeles. She has modeled for Reset Couture and appeared in a commercial. She walked at the Runway On Fire Fashion Show and Trendsetters fashion show. She also appeared in BET's The Family Crews and Bravo's The Millionaire Matchmaker as a date for one of the millionaire bachelors.
- Samantha Potter signed with L.A. Models and has walked for designers Individuals by AMFI, EиD by Eva and Delia, Ready to Fish by Ilja Visser and Addy van de Krommenacker at Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009 as part her prize in episode 10. She also appeared as one of the "Top Models in Action" in Cycle 12. In 2008, she appeared in The Big Bang Theory in the episode "The Panty Piñata Polarization", along with contestant Analeigh Tipton, but her role was a non-speaking one. Potter also appeared in gospel artists Mary Mary's music video for God In Me.
- Sheena Sakai signed with Model Management Group and Roman Personal Management. She has also modeled for 1800whoopass, appeared in a Trojan condoms commercial and walked in BET's Rip the Runway 2009. as well as She by Sheree SS 2010. Sakai also appeared on America's Next Top Model, Cycle 17, the first all-star edition of the show.
- Brittany Rubalcaba left the modelling industry to further her education.
- McKey Sullivan collected all of her prizes and signed with Elite Model Management in Chicago. She was featured in the December 2008 issue of In Touch Weekly. She appeared on the cover and had a spread in the February 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine as part of her ANTM prize package. She also has been on the cover of Forest & Bluff Magazine, January 2009 issue and Nylon Magazine, March 2009. She has recently[when?] been featured on Yahoo Style with Whitney Thompson. She had the cover and a spread in Chicago Scene, June 2009, as well as various advertisements for Forever 21, Rendezvous, Myer, Crabtree and Evelyn and Sass and Bide. She also appeared on the September 2009 issue of Marie Claire modelling Oroton, Fendi and Miu Miu handbags and purses. Sullivan was featured on the Cover Fall 2009 cover and interior fashion spread of Vogue knitting magazine. She walked for EиD by Eva and Delia, Mada van Gaans, Ready to Fish by Ilja Visser and Addy van den Krommenacker at Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009 as part her prize in episode 10. McKey also walked for G-Star at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2009. She walked in Trinidad and Tobago Fashion Week 2009 for Heather Jones Designs Limited. She appeared in Dutch Avantgarde with Samantha Potter. She also appeared on the runway for Mr. Jay's clothing line called "attitude" along with cycle 12 contestant with Aminat Ayinde. During her My Life as a CoverGirl commercials, it was revealed that she had been working with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. She was named one of People magazine's Most Beautiful People of 2009. She was also named the 44th sexiest woman of 2008 by BuddyTv.
- Analeigh Tipton signed with Abrams Artists Agency, in both the commercial and theatrical divisions and Ford Models in Los Angeles. She has appeared in campaigns for Forever 21, and Guess. She made her acting breakout starring as Jessica in the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. Her acting has also booked her modeling campaigns for Teen Vogue, Maxim, Details, and Nylon. She starred in an American zombie romantic film Warm Bodies based on Isaac Marion's popular novel of the same name which was released on February 1, 2013. In 2014, she was one of the leads in the ABC television series Manhattan Love Story before it was canceled due to low ratings.
- Hannah White has taken test shots and is now signed with Nous Model Management.
- "America’s Next Top Model" Cycle 11 Promo Photo. August 4, 2008.
- Cycle 11 episode 4 & 13
- "ABC Medianet". ABC Medianet. May 19, 2009. Archived from the original on January 31, 2010. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Transgender Contestant to Compete on Top Model". Us Weekly. August 13, 2008. Archived from the original on August 22, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2008.
- "America's Next Top Model – Model Hub". 2008-08-31. Archived from the original on August 31, 2008. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Reality TV Games – View Single Post – Marjorie Conrad". Rtvgames.com. February 27, 2009. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Clark Gilmer".
- "LA MODELS".
- "Lauren Brie – Muse Models".
- "topmodel: Elina Ivanova- Signed". Community.livejournal.com. Archived from the original on January 22, 2009. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Vision Models".
- "Isis King – The Tyra Banks Show Part 1". YouTube. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Ward, Kate (May 12, 2011). "'Top Model All-Stars' cast reported: Lisa D'Amato, Isis King in; Jade out". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on June 24, 2011. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- Burra, Kevin (2012-06-08). "American Apparel Features Isis King, Transgender Model, In New GLAAD Pride 2012 Partnership". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-03-03.
- "Reality TV Games – View Single Post – Joslyn Pennywell". Rtvgames.com. February 27, 2009. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Reality TV Games – View Single Post – Joslyn Pennywell". Rtvgames.com. April 21, 2009. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Reality TV Games – View Single Post – Joslyn Pennywell". Rtvgames.com. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Breaking Entertainment and Celebrity News – Entertainment Tonight".
- MARYMARYVEVO (October 2, 2009). "Mary Mary – God in Me" – via YouTube.
- "Model Management Group".
- "Sheena Satana – All ANTM".
- "BET's Rip the Runway 2009".
- "Reality TV Games – View Single Post – Sheena Sakai". Rtvgames.com. September 14, 2009. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "This Season's Hottest Holiday Dresses". In Touch Weekly: 65. December 6, 2008.
- "Print Work at all-antm.net".
- Davenport, Misha (November 21, 2008). "Chicago's Success Model". Chicago Sun-Times.[dead link]
- "Health – Yahoo Beauty".
- "Chicago Scene".
- "Welcome". Vogue Knitting. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- "Style.com – Shop Luxury Fashion Online".
- Heather Jones Designs Limited
- "Print Work – Cycle Eleven Group – All ANTM".
- "Applegate, Pattinson & First Lady Michelle Obama Among People's 'Most Beautiful'".
- BuddyTV. "BuddyTV Slideshow | TV's 50 Sexiest Women of 2008". Buddytv.com. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- "Analeigh Tipton Portfolio for Ford Models". April 2, 2010.
- "Analeigh Tipton, NYFA's Next Top Model – New York Film Academy Blog". February 16, 2009.
- "Analeigh – Ford Models".
- "Analeigh Tipton".
- "Dave Franco, Analeigh Tipton, and Cory Hardrict to Join Zombie Film WARM BODIES". September 9, 2011.
- "Watch Manhattan Love Story TV Show - ABC.com".