Samantha Ruth Prabhu
|Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
Samantha Prabhu at the 61st Idea Filmfare Awards press conference,2014
|Born||Samantha Ruth Prabhu
28 April 1987 
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Alma mater||Stella Maris College, Chennai|
|Relatives||Jonathan Prabhu (brother)
David Prabhu (brother)
Samantha Ruth Prabhu is an Indian actress and model, who acts in Telugu and Tamil films. Samantha was raised in Chennai and pursued a career in modelling during her late teens. Despite signing up to Ravi Varman's Moscowin Kavery in 2007, her first release was the critically acclaimed 2010 Telugu romance film, Ye Maaya Chesave directed by Gautham Menon, which fetched her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South and a Nandi Award. In mid 2012, Samantha started a charity organization named Pratyusha Support for underprivileged women and children.
In 2013, Samantha became the second actress after Revathi to win both the Filmfare Award for Best Tamil Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress in the same year, for the films Neethaane En Ponvasantham and Eega, respectively. She received the SIIMA Award for Best Actress for Attarintiki Daredi in 2014. 
Early life and family
Samantha Ruth Prabhu was born to a Telugu father Prabhu and a Malayali mother Ninette Prabhu and was brought up in a typical middle-class household, in the Chennai suburb of Pallavaram, Tamil Nadu, becoming fluent in the Tamil language. Commenting on her sense of identity, the actress has stated that despite her Telugu and Malayalam background she sees herself as a Tamil, as she was brought up speaking the language along with English at home. Samantha attended and completed her schooling at St.Stephens Matriculation school, Pallavaram, and Holy Angels Anglo-Indian Higher Secondary School, T.Nagar, Chennai. She then went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Stella Maris College, Chennai. Samantha has said that she did modelling for earning pocket money, and that's how her acting career came about.
Debut in 2010
Samantha's first release was Indira Productions' Gautham Menon directed Telugu film, Ye Maaya Chesave. The film, simultaneously made in Tamil as Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, created much anticipation prior to release, due primarily to the first-time-collaboration between Gautham Menon and composer A. R. Rahman. The actress was signed up for the project in mid August 2009 and completed shoots across India and the United States, and the film was released on 26 February 2010. In the film, Samantha plays the lead character Jessie, which was also the working title of the film, a Malayali Saint Thomas Christian girl living in Hyderabad, with whom the male protagonist, played by Naga Chaitanya, falls in love. Upon release of the film, Samantha received very positive reviews for her portrayal, with the film itself garnering much critical acclaim. Critics at Sify praised Samantha as a "scene-stealer" and her beauty as "alluring", adding that "she was the girl to watch out for". Jeevi, from the Idlebrain reviews site, wrote that "Samantha's debut is one of the best heroine debuts in Telugu cinema" and noted that the "minute expressions she gave spoke volumes about her", whilst labelling the film as a "classic". Samantha, alongside her co-star, Naga Chaitanya, also appeared in a cameo role in the Tamil version of the film. Both the Telugu and the Tamil versions of the films proved to be grand successes, propelling Samantha's career into bigger projects. She followed up her collaborations with Gautham Menon and A. R. Rahman by appearing in the music video for the World Classical Tamil Conference 2010 promotional song, Semmozhiyaana Tamizh Mozhiyaam, which Menon directed and Rahman composed.
Samantha's next release was the Sathya Jyothi-produced romantic drama, Baana Kaathadi, opposite Adharvaa. The film was actually the third Tamil project signed by the actress, but its release preceded the first two that she was contracted for due to delays in their completion. Following terms agreed upon in early 2009, the film continued shoots for a year, and after several postponements finally released in August 2010 to positive response. In the film, Samantha plays a student of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), the first such role in Tamil cinema. Her next release was Ravi Varman's Moscowin Kavery, originally her very first contract. The shooting for the film began in August 2007, with Samantha, then briefly credited with the screen name Yasodha, joining the team later in the year. The film introduced a host of new actors, with the music scored by Thaman, who was making his debut as a film music director. In an interview, much prior to release in 2008, Ravi Varman mentioned that he had decided that Samantha would be the lead actress for his film within three minutes after viewing one of her commercial assignments. In the interview, he went on to describe her as an actress with "intelligence" and "potential", whilst drawing comparisons with the noted actress, Revathi. However, due to Ravi Varman's prior commitments as cinematographer in other projects, the film languished in development hell, eventually releasing in August 2010. The film earned poor reviews from critics unanimously. However Samantha's performance was credited as one of the sole highlights that the film offered. In August 2008, while still completing her last three projects, Samantha also signed up to play the lead role of a modern girl in the Narain starrer, Pookada Ravi. However, despite the shooting following schedule at regular intervals the project has stalled since 2009, and the film seems unlikely to be released. Samantha went on to feature in Vamsi Paidipally's Telugu film Brindaavanam in which she had a supporting role alongside NTR Jr and Kajal Aggarwal. Her performance as Indu was well received despite the role having a shorter screen time than the ones she had played in her previous films, and the film became her second successful one in Telugu.
2011 – 2014
In 2011, Samantha made a guest appearance as a mentally ill patient in Gautham Menon's Nadunisi Naaygal, before featuring in the big budget Telugu film, Dookudu, alongside Mahesh Babu. The film was a blockbuster. The film opened to positive review with critics from CNN-IBN labelling the film as "a treat for Mahesh's fans", adding that Samantha "looks good in song sequences" The Times of India also praised the film mentioning that "Samantha looks beautiful and has done a great job, though her role as Prashanthi isn't too lengthy". The film took the largest ever opening for a Telugu film and grossed ₹125.8 million on the first day of its release. Samantha was then signed as the female lead in two big budget projects in Tamil, Mani Ratnam's Kadal and Shankar's Ai but was forced to opt out from both films, since she was suffering from a skin disease and could not work for two months. In 2012, she made a guest appearance in Gautham Menon's Ekk Deewana Tha which was a remake of the director's own films, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa and Ye Maaya Chesave, repeating her role from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. She then featured in S. S. Rajamouli's live action Telugu-Tamil bilingual project Eega/Naan E, The film was a high commercial success—according to The Economic Times it grossed more than ₹ 1.25 billion—and went on to be dubbed in several foreign and Indian languages. Idlebrain in their review wrote, "Samantha's run of success continues as she did extremely well as a bereaved lover." She then signed on Gautham Menon's trilingual project, playing the female lead in all three languages – Telugu, Tamil and Hindi and shooting all scenes thrice with different co-actors across languages. The Telugu and Tamil versions titled Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu and Neethaane En Ponvasantham released in December 2012, while the Hindi version, Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau has been shelved.
In the beginning of 2013, she appeared in Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu that featured Venkatesh and Mahesh Babu in the lead, marking her second film with Mahesh Babu. The film was critically and commercially successful and her performance was praised by critics along with the other female lead, Anjali. Mahesh S Koneru of 123telugu.com commented on her performance stating "Samantha is beautiful and adorable in this movie. Her cute expressions and romantic scenes with Mahesh Babu make you want to root for her". IBN Live too commented positively on her performance stating "Good to see Samantha shed her glamorous side and welcome performance-oriented roles, which she only handles with deftness and ease". Later, in February, she played the lead role in Nandini Reddy's Jabardasth co-starring Siddharth. The film, which was an unofficial remake of the 2010 Hindi film Band Baaja Baaraat was commercially successful. Oneindia Entertainment in their review commented "Samantha has good scope in the film and her bubbly characterisation is entertaining. The actress will surely impress you in both romantic and emotional sequences. She then starred in Trivikram Srinivas' Attharintiki Daaredhi with Pawan Kalyan, which released to positive reviews and became the highest-grossing Telugu film of the year. Samantha's next film Ramayya Vasthavayya directed by Harish Shankar, featuring NTR Jr released to mixed reviews on 11 October 2013.
Samantha's first 2014 release Manam saw her playing the role of a mother for the first time in her career.The film received highly positive reviews and Samantha's performance was praised by the critics. Deccan Chronicle wrote, "for Samantha, this is going to be one of her best performance till date. She perfectly fits into the two characters she played and steals the show". Her next film was the long delayed Autonagar Surya under the direction of Deva Katta that saw her pairing with Naga Chaitanya for the third time. The film, which had been in production since 2010, opened to mixed reviews. Her next releases were the high budget action-masala films Alludu Seenu directed by V. V. Vinayak  and Rabhasa directed by Santosh Srinivas in Telugu and N. Lingusamy's Anjaan in Tamil. Anjaan opened to negative reviews but had good opening at the box office at the box office, although the film was average. Her performance was panned by critics and Rabhasa, which was Samantha's third film with producer Bellamkonda Suresh in a three film contract, opened to decent reviews. Samantha's next release was the Tamil action thriller Kaththi directed by AR Murugadoss, which received positive reviews and was a box office success.
Trivikram Srinivas's S/O Satyamurthy was her first release of 2015. In spite of mixed reviews, the film was a high commercial success. Samantha has a handful of Tamil projects coming up. She is currently filming for Vijay Milton's road film 10 Enradhukulla, and Samantha has said that her role in the film was the toughest she has played till date. She is further more working on Velraj's yet-to-be-titled film opposite Dhanush, and 24, collaborating with its director Vikram Kumar and her co-star Suriya for the second time. She will also collaborate with Trivikram again for his next film with Mahesh Babu with Srikanth Addala, filming of which starts in June 2015. Samantha is to work with Allu Arjun in Boyapati Srinu's next film produced by Allu Arvind.Samantha to work with Dhanush after the current project later in 2015 and to be released in 2016 titled 'Vada Chennai'.
Samantha has been a brand ambassador for Coca Cola, Mayil Mark Rice, Chik Shampoo, Gokul Sandiva, Big C Mobiles, Saravana Stores, Odonil Room Freshening Gel, Lux and Paragon. Samantha will endorse Nutrogena. Samantha was on the cover page of JFW (Just For Woman) Magazine's 7th year anniversary edition.Samantha to endorse shilpakala sarees and also charged extra 10 lakhs for 2 minute ramp walk She is the first south Indian celebrity to become the brand ambassador for Maaza. She has also endorsed Jewel One Diamonds. Samantha was presented with RITZ Style Awards (SOLITAIRE) by Audi & Benz for the style icons Samantha Inaugurated South India Shopping Mall at Ameerpet, Hyderabad.Samantha endorses Hamam soap
Samantha is associated with a campaign supporting the children suffering from the disease Hemophilia, since October 2012. She has been attending various awareness camps by the NGO to show her support for the same, since then on. In one such event, Samantha stated, "I was upset for two months and took break from work due to a health issue. I can understand how children diagnosed with hemophilia, a cureless genetic disease feels". She is the Founder of NGO Pratyusha Support, a charity organisation working in the area of Medical support to poor and needy children and women also with threatening diseases. The organisation has supported many less privileged women and children by aiding them on financial grounds. Recently Pratyusha Support got support from Livlife Hospital, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad due to the efforts of Samantha. The NGO fulfills the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, to enrich their experience of living”Actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu, said on the occasion. In October 2014, she was invited for Food for Change - a charity event for the underprevileged. With that they could collect monetary help to fund education of 200,000 children. Recently,on 8 October 2014 Samantha along with Dr. Manjula did a vaccination campaign for Hepatitis-B virus in Happy home Orphanage. Samantha and Andhra Hospitals have come together. She was here in the city to enter into an agreement with Andhra Hospitals t help poor children with the money to pay for their hospital bills, particularly the cost of surgery expensive intensive care.to help. According to the agreement, Pratyusha Support bears one-third the cost, Andhra Hospitals would bear one-third and the parents of the child had to bear the remaining one-third of the expenditure. Ms. Samantha said that the parents of the child would usually be asked to take care of the post-operative cost, but if they were not in a position to meet the expenditure the trust and the hospital would rise to the occasion and meet it. She said initially financial support was extended only to children with haemophilia and thalassemia, but in future help would be extended to all children who required surgery and intensive care.
In an interview with The Times of India in 2012, Samantha revealed that she was "deeply in love and quite happy in her relationship". She stated, "He and I are very strong and I am very happy". However the actress refused to reveal future plans. She is a close friend of costume designer Neeraja Kona. In 2015, Samantha announced her break-up. She had been dating her Jabardasth co-star Siddharth for two-and-a-half years. The couple never openly admitted to their relationship, but were often seen together at events.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2010||Ye Maaya Chesave||Jessie Thekekuttu||Telugu||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South
Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu
|2010||Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa||Nandhini||Tamil||Cameo appearance|
|2010||Moscowin Kavery||Kaveri Thangavelu||Tamil|
|2011||Nadunisi Naaygal||Asylum Patient||Tamil||Cameo appearance|
|2011||Dookudu||Prashanthi||Telugu||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu|
|2012||Ekk Deewana Tha||Samantha||Hindi||Cameo appearance|
|2012||Eega||Bindu||Telugu||Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu|
|2012||Neethaane En Ponvasantham||Nithya Vasudevan||Tamil||Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil
Vijay Award for Best Actress
|2012||Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu||Nithya Yelavarthy||Telugu|
|2013||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu||Geetha||Telugu|
|2013||Attarintiki Daredi||Sashi||Telugu||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu
SIIMA Award for Best Actress - Telugu
|2015||Untitled Velraj Project||Tamil||Post-production|
|2015||Vada Chennai||Tamil||Pre-production |
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (12 May 2012). "Away from the rat race". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Samantha raised in Pallavaram". firstpost.com. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- Administrator (14 February 2012). "Samantha Biography, Samantha Ruth Prabhu Biography, Samantha Ruth Prabhu Profile, Samantha Height". Teluguvanitha.com. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- Y. Sunita Chowdhary (10 May 2012). "Away from the rat race". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- The author has posted comments on this article (10 November 2013). "Samantha feels 'One' film changes all – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Saturday, 12 July 2014 (27 March 2014). "Samantha is in her own league". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "SIIMA 2014 winner's list". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Shankar, Settu (2008). "Samantha Christens herself Yashodha!". OneIndia. Retrieved 5 August 2008.
- Chowdury, Sunita Y (2010). "Poised on the edge". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- Prakash, B (2010). "It wasn't a liplock really: Samantha". Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- Moviebuzz (2010). "Audio released, confirms release on Feb 19!". Sify. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Big break for Samantha". Times of India (India). 24 September 2009. Retrieved 24 September 2009.
- "Marunadan Cinemayile Malayali". Metro Manorama Kochi. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Moviebuzz (2010). "Ye Maaya Chesave". Sify. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Jeevi (2010). "Ye Maya Chesave". Idlebrain. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Warrier, Shobha (2010). "Meet Yeh Maya Chesave's Jessie". Rediff. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- "'Baana Kaathadi' getting ready to fly". Indiaglitz. 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- Ashok Kumar, S. R. (19 August 2010). "My First Break: Samantha". The Hindu (India). Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Friday Fury- August 6". Sify. 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Raghavan, Nikhil (27 March 2009). "Another scorcher". The Hindu (India). Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "Ravi Varman directs an Oscar Films production". Cinesouth. 2007. Retrieved 27 August 2007.
- "Ravi Varman Interview". Behindwoods. 2008. Retrieved 28 June 2008.
- "Aascar's back-to-back releases". Behindwoods. 2009. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- Moviebuzz (2010). "Movie Review: Moscowin Kaveri". Sify. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- Srinivasan, Pavithra (2010). "Moscowin Kaveri is beautiful nonsense". Rediff. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- Moviebuzz (2008). "Samantha is Narain's heroine!". Sify. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
- Prasad, G. (15 February 2009). "Image booster for Narain". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved 15 February 2009.
- "Samantha in NTR's Brindavanam". Times of India. India. 2010. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "NTR's Brindavanam creates waves at box-office". OneIndia.com. 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- "Telugu Review: 'Dookudu' an out and out Mahesh Babu film". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Dookudu". Times of India. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "Samantha out of Shankar film?". Sify.com. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Samantha denies rumors of Bollywood debut – IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Pillai, Sreedhar (16 April 2010). "Samantha's walk in the clouds". Times of India (India). Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "DCHL bankruptcy threat: PVP Ventures in fray to buy IPL team Deccan Chargers – Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- The author has posted comments on this article (6 December 2012). "Eega to be dubbed into Thai – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "'Makkhi' to get Japanese makeover: director Rajamouli – IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Eega/Naan Ee/Eecha review – Telugu cinema – Nani, Sudeep, Samantha & Rajamouli". Idlebrain.com. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Gautham creates history with a trilingual". Sify. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Samantha's 'Ramayya Vasthavayya' has hit the screens – Know Your Star: Samantha Ruth Prabhu". Entertainment.in.msn.com. 11 October 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "South sensations invade Bollywood | Latest Celebrity Features". Bollywood Hungama. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Naayak n SVSC Reminding 1997 n 2000". cinejosh.com. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Review : Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu – A beautifully woven emotional tale". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu' Review: This Telugu film will make you smile". IBN Live. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Is Samantha Ruth Prabhu the new style icon of Southern cinema?". IBN Live.
- "Jabardasth – Movie Review". Oneindia Entertainment. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Power Star finding 'Attarintiki Daredi'". Andhraheadlines.com. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Samantha to romance NTR Jr". Times of India. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Ramayya Vasthavayya Telugu movie review highlights". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Ramayya Vasthavayya: Hinged on heroism". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "'Manam' Samantha playing opposite to nagachaitanya-Samantha film". manahydnews.com. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Saturday, 12 July 2014. "Movie review 'Manam': Leaves you mesmerised". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- The author has posted comments on this article (28 June 2014). "Autonagar Surya gets trimmed by 12 minutes – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Samantha does it for Bellamkonda Suresh". Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Alludu Seenu Wholesome entertainer". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "'Alludu Seenu': A predictable story, but good entertainment". deccanchronicla.com. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Samantha goes gaga over Tamil cinema". Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Samantha in three film contract". wikiprotein.org. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "'Rabhasa' registered for NTR – Samantha film". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "NTR's Rabhasa opens to decent reviews". indiatimes.com. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Rabhasa – Movie Review".Oneindia Entertainment. August 29, 2014.Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "Review:Rabhasa-Routine Mass Entertainer".123telugu.com.August 29, 2014.Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- "Allu Arjun Trivikram Srinivas New Movie Started". ibtimes.com. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "REVIEW: S/O Satyamurthy". apherald.com. 9 April 2015.
- "S/O (Son of) Satyamurthy Movie Review: Viewers Say Allu Arjun-Trivikram Srinivas Comb Rocks Again". ibtimes.com. 9 April 2015.
- "Vikram & Vijay Milton to join hands". sify.com. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Samantha finds 10 Endradukulla, toughest !!". vuin.net. 29 March 2015.
- "What next after the blockbuster Kaththi ?". Behindwoods. 26 December 2014.
- "AR Rahman to Compose Music for Suriya's '24'.". ibtimes.co.in. 6 January 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Mahesh Babu to Pair Up with Samantha Once Again". ibtimes.co.in. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "Mahesh Babu, Samantha team up for the third time". pinkvilla.com. 15 April 2015.
- "Allu Arjun gives her a second chance". indiaglitz.com. 10 March 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Samantha Becomes Brand Ambassador for Dabur Vatika". Timesofap. 20 November 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Samantha in BIG C Ad Ileana replaced by Samantha". Teluguone.com. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Samantha does it for Annachi!". Cinemalead.com. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Shekhar (18 September 2013). "Photos: Samantha Turns New Brand Ambassador Of Lux". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "She will be endorsing Nutrogena". Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "JFW 7th year anniversary". newindianexpress.com. 6 September 2014.
- "When Samantha charged 10 lakhs for a two minute ramp walk!". cinegola.com. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Samantha is brand ambassador for Maaza". indiatimes.com. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Samantha endorses Jewel One". tupaki.com. 4 January 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Samantha's Jewel One Advertisement Poster". cinema65.com. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "The Real Style Statement". newindianexpress.com. 4 February 2014.
- "Audi RITZ Icon Awards 2015: Chiyaan Vikram, Dulquer Salmaan, Samantha Ruth Prabhu Honoured". ibtimes.co.in. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Samantha Launches South India Shopping Mall At Ameerpet Photos". maruthitalkies.com. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Samantha turns Hamam girl". indiaglitz.com. 18 March 2015.
- "Samantha attends Hemophilia Awareness Program". Gulte.com. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Samantha turns good samaritan". Times of India. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Pratyusha Support – A brain child of Samantha Ruth Prabhu". http://www.pratyushasupport.org. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Livlife Hospital Join Hands to work with Actress Samantha's Pratyusha Support NGO organization". hyderabadhospitals.com. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Food for Change". vidyaranya.org. 4 October 2014. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Hepatitis B Vaccination And Awareness Camp With Actress Samantha's NGO Pratyusha Support". continentalhospitals.com. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Samantha to help poor with Andhra Hospitals". thehindu.com. 17 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "I am in love, says Samantha". The Times of India. 25 December 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Samantha and Neeraja good friends outside the film industrys d". www.123telugu.com. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Samantha Looks More Stable to Work After break-up
- "Samantha breakup with Siddharth". www.hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Suriya and Samantha to team up". Deccan Chronicle. 13 February 2015.
- "Samantha and Pranitha are in demand". The Times of India. 18 June 2015. Archived from the original on 19 June 2015. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Dhanush, Vetrimaaran and Samantha confirm 'Vada Chennai'". shakshipost. 24 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samantha Ruth Prabhu .|
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu on Facebook
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu on Twitter
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu at the Internet Movie Database