This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Origin||Berkeley, California, United States|
|Genres||Pop, rock, folk, world|
|Years active||since 1999|
|Labels||In The Pocket Records, Dusty Peach Records|
|Associated acts||Galactic, Danielle Brisebois, Manny Marroquin|
Samantha Stollenwerck (born September 8, 1978) is an American singer-songwriter. She has recorded 4 full-length albums, “Square One,” “Carefree,” "Lights Down & Unreleased" and "Traveler's Songbook" and also released a 4-song EP entitled, “Summerlove”. "Carefree" was released on November 10, 2009 on indie label Dusty Peach Records. "Traveler's Songbook" was released on November 25, 2014.
Stollenwerck’s debut album, “Square One” was self-produced and released in 2005 on an independent record label in San Francisco, In The Pocket Records.
Stollenwerck's latest record "Traveler's Songbook" was recorded after traveling through more than 30 countries and incorporating global and cultural influences in the songs. The songs and music videos feature elements of Germany, Eritrea, Russia, the Arctic and Antarctic Regions, Uganda, Rwanda and Yemen. One of the influences of this project was Paul Simon's "Graceland".
Stollenwerck has used her music and travel for philanthropic purposes, raising funds through her music to build a school in Laos with Pencils of Promise. She collaborated with G. Love on the song "Ooh Dee Ooh" as part of the Patagonia Music Collective and helped build a community center and music program with SYRV, a clean water initiative in Nicaragua.
Stollenwerck and Mark Foster of Foster the People recorded a never-released version of Joni Mitchell's "California" for a statewide tourism campaign. She co-wrote and was featured on Right the Stars song "Don't Let Me Go to Sleep" on the album "The Only Thing" released October 14, 2014.
Stollenwerck gained attention in San Francisco with the support of KFOG radio and key slots at venues such as the Fillmore and Shoreline Amphitheater. Stollenwerck has performed at major festivals such as Bonnaroo Music Festival, South by Southwest and Austin City Limits, and High Sierra Music Festival as well as tours with Ziggy Marley, G. Love and Special Sauce and Blues Traveler. In 2011 she performed at Super Bowl XLV in Dallas, TX.
- http://avilastreetrecords.com/artists/samantha-stollenwerck/. Missing or empty
- http://www.jambase.com/emails/SamanthaStollenwerck/Carefree/index.html. Missing or empty
- http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/samantha-stollenwerck-115.aspx. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-04. Retrieved 2014-11-27.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.jambase.com/shows/event.aspx?EventID=466434. Missing or empty
- WearsTheTrousers Single Review|http://wearsthetrousers.com/2009/07/17/free-music-friday-samantha-stollenwerck/#more-7628/
- Jambase Review|http://www.jambase.com/Articles/18127/Samantha-Stollenwerck-05.14-L.A./
- Jambase Dave Matthews Cruise review|http://www.jambase.com/Articles/8057/DAVE-MATTHEWS-CARIBBEAN-CRUISE/
- Jambase Samantha Stollenwerck reviews|http://www.jambase.com/Artists/24673/Samantha-Stollenwerck/Articles/
- GlideMagazine interview|http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/51434/samantha-stollenwerck.html/
- Bonnaroo Music Festival Samantha page|http://www.bonnaroo.com/artists/samantha-stollenwerck.aspx/[permanent dead link]
- Samantha w/Blues Traveler review|https://web.archive.org/web/20090106104129/http://www.worldsgreatestcritic.com/bluestraveler777.html
- Jambase Carefree http://www.jambase.com/emails/SamanthaStollenwerck/Carefree/index.html
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samantha Stollenwerck.|