From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Samar is an island in the Visayas group in the Philippines.
Samar may also refer to:
- In the Philippines
- Samar (historical province), a former province (1768-1965) largely coterminous within the island of Samar comprising what are now the present-day provinces of (Western) Samar, Northern Samar and Eastern Samar
- Samar Sea, within the Philippine archipelago
- In Israel
- Samar (1999 film), a Hindi/Urdu film
- Samar (2013 film), an Indian Tamil film
- Samar (yacht), one of longest motor yachts
- Samar cobra (Naja samarensis)
- Samar, an abbreviation for samal rishon, the staff sergeant-equivalent Israeli military rank
- Šamar, 2003 album by the Croatian punk rock band Hladno Pivo
- Battle off Samar, central action of the Battle of Leyte Gulf at Samar Island during World War II
- Samara (disambiguation)
- Samaria (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Samar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.