|Full name||Samassi Abou|
|Date of birth||4 April 1973|
|Place of birth||Gagnoa, Côte d'Ivoire|
|1997–2000||West Ham United||22||(5)|
|1998||→ Ipswich Town (loan)||5||(1)|
|1999||→ Walsall (loan)||8||(0)|
|1999||→ Troyes (loan)||?||(?)|
|2000||→ Kilmarnock (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Abou started playing in France for FC Martigues, before moving to Lyon. In October 1997, after a spell at AS Cannes, he made the move to English football, signing for West Ham United for £250,000. Signed by manager, Harry Redknapp, to give more options for strikers, Abou made his West Ham debut on 9 November 1997 in a 2–1 away defeat to Chelsea coming on as a substitute for John Moncur. His opening West Ham goal came on 6 January 1998 in the League Cup. In a 5th-round game at the Boleyn Ground Abou came on as a substitute for Paul Kitson to score their only goal in a 2–1 defeat. In the following game, on 10 January 1998, Abou scored twice as West Ham beat Barnsley, 6–0. Abou received his only red card in the next game, a 1–0 away defeat to Tottenham Hotspur. Fouling Ramon Vega in an off-the-ball incident, Abou was dismissed by referee, David Elleray. Abou finished the 1997–98 season with 6 goals from 26 games including two on the last day of the season in a 4–3 home defeat of Leicester City. West Ham fans would boo Abou whenever he scored making an "Abooooooooo" noise. In 31 appearances in all competitions he scored six times, before being released to Ipswich Town in December 1998, where he scored once against Sheffield United.
- Les Roopanarine (7 November 2011). Harry Redknapp — The Biography. John Blake Publishing, Limited. pp. 88–. ISBN 978-1-84358-942-6.
- "Welcome to the Wonderful World of West Ham United Statistics Samassi Abou". www.westhamstats.info. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "On this day 10 January". www.whufc.com. Archived from the original on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Klinsmann sinks 10-man Hammers". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "On this day – 10 May". www.whufc.com. Archived from the original on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Pete May (23 March 2012). West Ham: Irons in the Soul. Mainstream Publishing. pp. 177–. ISBN 978-1-78057-451-6.
- "Naylor provides Suffolk punch". The Independent. 20 December 1998. Retrieved 27 February 2010.