This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded by||Prithviraj Chauhan|
|• MP||Satyapal Singh Saini (BJP)|
|• MLA||Iqbal Mehmood (SP)|
|• Chairman||Areefa Shakeel|
|• Total||16 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||203 m (666 ft)|
|• Total||220,813 (city only)|
|• Density||11,433/km2 (29,610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||(+91) (05923)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 38|
The Sambhal headquarters are situated in Pawasa Sambhal.
Sambhal has been an urban center for hundreds of years. it was a prominent town during the medieval period. The painting shown here is a folio from the Baburnama, and depicts an awards ceremony in Sultan Ibrahim Lodi's court before an expedition to Sambhal in the early 16th century. Sambhal is said to have flourished under the rule of Akbar but subsequently deteriorated in popularity when Akbar’s son Shah Jahan was made in charge of the city.
As per provisional reports of the 2011 Census of India, the population of Sambhal city in 2011 was 221,334, of which 116,008 were male and 105,326 were female. Total literates in Sambhal city are 92,608 of which 51,382 are males while 41,226 are females. The average literacy rate in Sambhal city is 49.51 percent, of which male literacy was 52.27 percent and female 46.45 percent. The sex ratio of Sambhal city is 908 per 1,000 males and the child sex ratio of girls is 936 per 1,000 boys. Total children (0-6) in Sambhal city were 34,279 as per the records of Census India 2011. There were 17,702 boys and 16,577 girls. The children form 15.49% of the total population of Sambhal City.
- Sambhal district
- Al-Qadeer Higher Secondary School, Sambhal
- All India Ulema and Mashaikh Board
- Sambhal (Assembly constituency)
- Madrasa Sirajul Uloom Hilali Sarai Sambhal
- "Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh, India". latlong.net. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Ain-i-Akbari, Vol II, Tr.H.S. Jarrett, Atlantic Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, repr., 1989. p. 295.
- "Census 2011 Sambhal Town". Census 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2017.